Low Cortisol in the Morning, High at Night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, May 17, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Wondering if any of you have low cortisol of the morning and it goes higher at night, just the opposite of what it should be. What are the symptoms and treatment.

Thanks,
    gg
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I have low cortisol in the morning and high at night.

I have low energy in the morning and become more energetic in the evening with trouble sleeping.

My LLMD prescribed DHEA that I take in the morning and at noon.

I also take alot of other supps. I am being treated for a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection and bartonella that caused a fibromyalgia syndrome that I have had for 21 years.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks Nanie46, I have the same problem and my levels are very low in the morning and high at night and I don't sleep well. Do you mind sharing with me how you are being treated for your infection.. As I seem to do so much better while on an antibiotic. The doc has me on Biaxin . Also is DHEA a prescription and what supplements ..

Thanks ,
    gg
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I am on several antibiotics. It takes long term combination therapy to recover.

I also take lots of high quality refrigerated probiotics, DHEA, Vit D, CoQ-10, selenium, sublingual B-12, iodine, lots of fish oil, bioidentical hormones, B complex vits, and sublingual melatonin.

The DHEA I take is a pure form from a compounding pharmacy...the Pure Encapsulations brand..therefore my Dr prescribes it.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Are you being treated for Lyme? If not are the antibiotics for the Fibro? Thanks for sharing your supplements etc. with me, I am taking Vit D, CoQ-10 , B Complex, Fish Oil, Caltrate, Vit. C ,Multivitamin and the antibiotic. I have a cream that is Adrena Stim with DHEA and Amino Acids in it that I am to use in the morning and at noon, I use to use it but for some reason stopped but going to try it again. I have the Adrena Calm to be used at night guess it has something to do with my cortisol. I go back to the doctor in Aug. so hoping to go back on the natural hormones.. Seems I have nothing that helps for any length of time and I noticed once I went off the hormones I seemed to get worse.

Do hope your meds are working and you are improving.

Thanks again.
    gg