Low dose naloxone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, May 15, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Well....the day finally is here and I have started treatment. I am really hoping that this course of treatment is effective as I have not had much if any success with the other pain management drugs I have been prescribed.

I'll keep you all posted:)
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Do keep us posted. It looks very promising for some things. What dose are you taking? Do you take it at night?

3. hensue

hensue New Member

Hope you do great please me know i have been tracking this for a while now.
    Good luck
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

The doctor prescribed 50mg tablets, I'm to take 1/4 tablet three times daily. I believe the tradename of the drug is Talwin. And I promise to keep everyone updated:)

5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Do keep us up to date on your progress with this. There's a forum for people on it here;

6. 3gs

3gs New Member

I was given this for migraines once.

wish u the best of luck keep us posted
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I misread your post - I thought you were referring to low-dose naltrexone, a very different drug. I've read that some people are being helped by the low-dose naltrexone, with both pain and boosting their immune systems.

Good luck -

8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I understand that Naltrexone hydrochloride is related to the potent opioid antagonist, Naloxone. They are both supposed to offer relief for FM patients when used in low doses:)

Well...thats what I am hoping for anyway:)