Low dose naltrexone for CFS ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jun 19, 2003.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm still hoping to get some responses, so hope nobody minds my posting this again:

To those who have CFS as a major complaint --

How may are trying LDN (low dose naltrexone), and what are your results?

And TO TROY, the pharmacist: do you have any customers who have CFS as primary complaint that LDN is helping?? If you could get any of them to post here or to me personally, I would love to hear their stories -- and I bet others would too as this is so new.

I'd love to get some feedback so that I can talk further about it to my doctor at the next appointment.
    99% of the info I've found on the net is about multiple sclerosis & LDN, for which many are finding it amazingly helpful.

Thanks everyone,
    Victoria
  2. gbean

gbean New Member

Hi Victoria,
    I haven't tried naltrexone yet but will be in about three weeks. I've read that it triples your natural killer cell count in your immune system. If your fatigue is from lowered immunity it may help u.
    I have very bad fibro and fatigue. I've read of a few people that it has helped but don't think many know of it.
    I think cfs and fibro can have different causes. For instance, i've met someone that guai has worked in but guai hasn't helped me. Over the weekend i met someone who got better with mineral i.v.s and special teas.
    Good luck.
    Gena