low dose naltrexone. Wasnt jamminhealth going to try it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 17, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I wonder how she is doing? Have not heard anything out of her.
    take care
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

she just started, so it may be too soon to tell anything.

Have you looked at past posts here about LDN? It's an intriguing substance...

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it sounds like LDN might actually be a good thing for xmrv from what we know so far, but of course we don't actually know nearly enough so far

when do you take the LND?.....I have been having the same problems with taking it at night - cannot sleep until much later, but I am not awake in the morning to take it then (although maybe if I set an alarm and try taking it in the mourning, I will actually begin to be able to be awake in the morning - if that would lead to actually sleeping at night, that would be great)

the thing is though that I have read that the body normally increases its production of endorphins at night and since LDN works with the production of endorphins, it is supposed to be taken at night (not that my body actually does anything the way it is supposed to, so maybe this is backwards for me, too)
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

"But if I have XMRV.....anything that "stimulates" the immune system may be bad."

true, but (& I may be wrong) but it is my understanding that this acts to modulate the immune system...have read a lot about it, but will have to keep reading
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

Is this the one your in? It comes in my inbox all the time. Keep us up to date on how you are doing. I had ask my doc about this and he said if I did it he would not be my doc..

He wanted it FDA approved first, so I am waiting to see how everyone is doing on it.
    How many fibromyalgia people are on it. I almost ordered it but could not imagine not taking anything for pain.

Hope you do well miss you
  6. loto

loto Member

has anyone checked any other boards?