Low Estrogen and FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, Feb 26, 2003.

1. JP

JP New Member

Does anyone know anything about low estrogen levels and FMS? I had a call from my Rheumatologist yesterday. He was very concerned about my estrogen levels...at mid-cycle I was at 12. He thinks I should be at 200-400. My other labs were finally negative with medications. I am 42 and my cycle is still as normal and predictable as it has always been. Should I see an Endocrinologist? He is pushing me in this direction.

I hope someone can help...thanks, Jan
  2. JP

JP New Member

yes, the symptoms are brutal. I have thyroid disease too and it is in control with medication. My ANA was normal for the first time! I hope my ANA is associated with my thyroid and not some other autoimmune disease. Anyway, I will probably follow up with this low estrogen. I have been to the hospital twice over the past 4 months...panic attack and costochondritis! It's pretty embarrasing for me really. It's hard to live in a body that is unpredictable from moment to moment. I have a massive head ache right now and I fall asleep every other minuet at my computer.

Anyway, thanks for the response...frustrated in California!! Jan
  3. karmadharma

karmadharma New Member

I also have low estrogen and am wondering about the symptoms. Has anyone else with this felt extremely fuzzy-headed? I gues it would be similar to brain fog. Is this a symptom of low estrogen?
  4. karmadharma

karmadharma New Member

Thanks very much, Shazz, for your reply and for sharing that information!