Low Ferritin-FMS connection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Jan 26, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Association between serum ferritin [stored iron] level and fibromyalgia syndrome – Source: European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Jan 20, 2010-from prohealth front page

I've had low ferritin levels as far as I can remember...... but could never take anything with Iron in it due to to major constipation!

Who else here has low ferritin? Any thought on whether supplementation offered improvement and what kind of supplementation you were able to process?
  2. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Good Morning...
    Strange how I just looked up the normal levels for alot of things yesterday.. and Yes I did notice this regarding the levels for low iron in my email. just now.. What a coincidence..

I just went yesterday for blood work to get my iron levels checked amazingly the Drs office called yesterday afternoon and said mine was normal .. at 93 but I have been in a major Fibro flare up ... I fit in all the symptoms of low.. but I guess I will just try to eat things to try to bring it up just a tad.. Iam always pale and my hair falls out.. I have a few other symptoms..
    I just finished alot of blood work about 2 weeks ago, and they say everything comes back normal.. ..