Low Grade Fever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Brownie08, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

I am the typical undiagnosed victim - For the past three months, I have been to every Dr and had every test avail...at least the common ones. I have suffered from chronic Yeast over the years...and a few years ago, I had what I thought....was a bout with Fibromyalgia...I am always on the verge of something. This past summer...I started to have a reoccurring fever throughout the day.
    I wake and it is normal...98.4...by 11:00 it is 99.4 and stays there until the evening and then back to normal. My left side hurts, by head feels like it is going to explode...my sinuses hurt to the touch...my lymph node flare up...my neck and shoulder hurt...I think you know the story.
    I have been tested for all Cancers, auto Immune and infectious diseases...all came up negative - which is a good thing....but yet I will have this fever every day - tightness in my head...jaw aches...neck aches and left side....I want it to go away...!!!!

Has anyone had these symptoms...esp the fever????
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I know I have had a low grade fever every time my CFS hits me severly. I have CFS and FM. When it's a good day, I just get FM fatigue and pain. A really bad day is severe CFS fatigue and FM pain. For the first year of CFS (I was undiagnosed for 5 months), I had a fever exactly like yours. I still do, depending on the day. I don't take advil or anything for the fever unless it goes over 100. It's your body fighting something. ??? No one knows what that is though.

I take hydrocodone for the FM pain but the Flexeril (Muscle relaxer) is the best for your face/jaw pain. It is weird but my face hurts almost everyday. The relaxer helps that much better than pain meds.

Good luck!
  3. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I have FM and I'm having a fever every day right now also, well I'm really having the fever at night. I'm fine in the day (a little more fatigue and hurting a bit more than usual) but as the day goes on I hurt more and temp starts going up at night. Than come 9-10:00 pm I feel like it's the flu, full aching body, feel cold but skin is hot and a fever, come morning I'm fine again. So it must be a flair I'm in, it's been going on over a week now.

The only other thing I can think of with you is this sounds a little more like CFS than FM right me to me, but I'm no Dr.
  4. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

Wow - Its amazing that finally I found someone that has the same symptoms. I feel like I am going crazy. My Drs refuse to test me for CFS - but since all my other test came back negative...it is logical to test me for it. Can I ask what kind of test revealed CFS? Was it a blood test? I have even my closest of friends thinking I am a Hypochondriac....which really hurts. I have stopped talking about it...and just live my life with feve, pain and fatigue every day. I have a high stress sales job on Wall Street ( even more stressful now) and I just push through my every meeting....then I come home, grumpy and mad that I feel this way and take it out on my family...which is so unfair. There has got to be a cure for this....I cant live the rest of my life feeling this way!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

5. Elisa

Elisa Member

I have had a fever for 1.5 yrs now and CFS for over 12 yrs...

I wish I knew what caused the fever - its miserable and I feel weak too. My docs say a fever under 101 shouldn't cause suffering - its unbelievable.

There are many posts on this topic - I call the "Fever Club." Not sure the search mechanism is working yet on this new board - otherwise I'd say look under title...

God Bless Each of You,

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2008]