low grade temps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by obrnlc, Nov 8, 2002.

1. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi all! Thanks, theresa6868 for bringing up this subject! This has troubled me for aprox 5yrs, although i was just "formally" diagnosed today! I forgot to mention it to rheum. and haven't ever read about it in fibro books and articles. I have always thought i must have some underlying cancer or something! CBC's are always normal, my PCP ordered a sinus xray (normal) although my sinuses are about the only part of my body that DOESN'T hurt! I have been very curious about this, i generally run 99.8--100.4. i am a nurse in a newborn nursery and am very concerned about being contagious to the babies, so it is good to know this is all just a part of this DD! hope to see you on the boards again! laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2002]
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi all! Thanks, theresa6868 for bringing up this subject! This has troubled me for aprox 5yrs, although i was just "formally" diagnosed today! I forgot to mention it to rheum. and haven't ever read about it in fibro books and articles. I have always thought i must have some underlying cancer or something! CBC's are always normal, my PCP ordered a sinus xray (normal) although my sinuses are about the only part of my body that DOESN'T hurt! I have been very curious about this, i generally run 99.8--100.4. i am a nurse in a newborn nursery and am very concerned about being contagious to the babies, so it is good to know this is all just a part of this DD! hope to see you on the boards again! laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2002]
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

welcome to our little world... I'm a very small opinionated part of it LOL>>>> I'm likewise a nurse and not working like that anymore but I have always had about a 97.4 temp... all my life. So when I have a temp of 99 I feel like I'm dying , you know. Well.. to make a long story short I ran a temp for about 16 months of 99 to 100.2 ish every day most all day... Aspirin therapy helped some, I don't do tylenol. But to tell you the truth, I think aqua therapy has helped more than anything! I use a "heated" indoor pool ... its kept anywhere from 84 to 91 degrees and I read here in some article about cooling your core temp ( Dr Cheney),.. so that all makes sense. I started with just simply being in the water... it felt good I could move painlessly and then progressed to mild water areobics now I swim laps... now mind you this has taken working at it everyday for 5 months.... and I am one determined woman too... if the doc says exercise .. I do it... I don't do everything he tells me but we have gotten to a point where I try to comply with the exception of drugs... << that's another post>> sorry I got long winded but to make the point... try some core cooling therapy.. you're a nurse , you know what I mean! all of this kind of stuff makes me think we have a neuro condition sometimes... Good luck !
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome aboard. I have both FMS and CFS which was triggered by a mycoplasma infection at the start of the Gulf War. Since taking the antibiotics for the chronic mycoplasma infection, my low-grade temps have disappeared, along with my IBS, swollen nodes, migraine-type headaches, and chronic sore throats.

Love, Mikie
  5. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

My temp has always been 97.6, just a degree below normal. (What's normal! lol) I know for the last 5 months or so I have been feeling like I have a temp. When I take it it's about 98.9 or 99, enough to make me feel like I'm dying. My face gets extremely red and hot. It gets so hot I can feel the heat raising. My first visit to my rheumy he asked if i knew i had a fever of almost 101. I told him i didn't know that i just felt misserable like ususal. He ran test on my to make sure i didn't have any type of infection, ie kidney, strep. Nothing!!!!!!!!!!! I have also been having night sweats from time to time. A friend in a chat suggested it was because of low grade fever. (by the way i never mentioned to her about having low grade fever.) She had been dealing with the same thing.

Crissie
  6. Vette

Vette New Member

Hi OBRNLC, I too have temps up to a little over 100 off and on and my norm is sub-normal at 97.4, at 99 I feel sluggish and ill. Was diagnosed with FMS earlier this year after mega amounts of testing on 24hr hold in hospital last year along with toxic mold exposure for over two years I have just finished being treated for with IVIG. You're not alone in this area.
    Vette
  7. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

Well sorry, but I am glad I am not alone in this mystery. Shame on me huh? LOL I at least feel assured that like you I don't have some underlying cancer or some other horried disease lurking. The only thing good about this is not being freezing cold every second, I just try to look for the possitive side of things. Thanks for the comments.

Love, Teresa6868
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have Fibro, and do get the low grade fever sometimes too.

It always makes me think I am coming down with something, but it only last a few days at most.

I have it right now, as I am having a problem with my stomach (IBS) from eating pecans. This will always give me fever.

It is a miserable feeling, and with Fibro does not last too long. But I don't know about the CFS.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl