Low IGG subclass levels. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by KimDC, Jun 9, 2009.

1. KimDC

KimDC New Member

I received a phone call yesterday from the RN at my LLMD's office stating that my IGG levels are low. I don't know how low or which ones are low (there's IGG 1 - 4). I didn't know to ask those questions when she called.

Has anyone else had low IGG levels? It usually means a genetic immune disease, which do run strongly in my family.

I'm also wondering if the untreated Lyme (8 years without abx) could have damaged my immune system?

Any comments are appreciated!

Kim
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to suggest that you consider posting your question on lymenet.org's medical questions board.

There may be people there who have also had this also.

I hope you get to see the Dr soon to get your questions answered.
  3. KimDC

KimDC New Member

Hi, Nanie.

I registered at lyme net and posted my IgG question on 6/10.

It still hasn't shown up on the board. How long does that take?

It looks like a great board with very informed patients.

See you over there!

Kim
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Kim,

Posts show up right away on lymenet.org.

The last time I looked there were 7 replies to your lymenet post, so check again.

Their board moves very fast, so it doesn't take long for questions to move off of the first page.

I'm glad you decided to post there...it's a great board.
  5. lotusillusion

lotusillusion New Member

just wanted to tell you that I also have this low igg and even though I was diagnosed w/ lyme 2 yrs ago I was already in the late stage then, and had had medical problems since year 2000, so bet i'd had it since then. I also had silicone implants though, and I assumed it was the implants that had begun to leak. do you have silicone implants? because now I'm wondering if it is the lyme instead that altered my immune system. I don't think it's genetic for me. Anyhow.. I'm currently taking IVIG treatment and it helps a lot. It was hard to get though.. costs alot and insurance doesn't like to give it easily... but you can get it.