Low immunoglobulin ? IgG not working Ralph? anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sidnee, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

Hi there,

I have not posted for awhile, but am still reading almost every post and keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I need advice on the following blood test. The first set of results are from 03/23/05

Immunoglobulin A 95 Range 81-463
    Immunoglobulin G 609 Range 694-1618
    Immunoglobulin M 50 Range 48-271

Since these test results I have had 3 intermuscular gamma globulin injections. I had a blood test this past Friday and here are the results

Immunoglobulin A 78 L Range 81-463
    Immunoglobulin G 530 L Range 694-1618
    Immunoglobulin M 37 L Range 48-271

I saw the my infectious disease Dr. yesterday, he wants to see me in a month and gave me another injection. He states that if I was not taking the injections I would be in a lot worse shape. I had a blood test yesterday for HIV, which I am sure will be negative. He will be reviewing my file with my Rheumy that I saw last week and reviewing the blood test that I had when I saw her.

ID doctor states that it is am immune issue, these types of things go hand in hand with Hashimoto's. We will be working towards finding what is going on.

Today I have an MRI scheduled lumbar spine, hopefully they will give me a blindfold. Lots of stress in my life right now, more than I have ever had and I am just not handling it well.

Think good thoughts for me please.

Sid
  2. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

3. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

4. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

one last time?
  5. gothmother

gothmother New Member

Hi, new here, I go for ivig every 4 weeks, and over the past year it has helped quite a bit. Where as I used to get sick every month at least, I went 3 months before I got broncitis this last time. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you, I know its tough. Its tough when people can't see that you are sick and that causes even more stress, so meditate and drink chamomile tea. It helps.
    Robin
  6. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

I do appreciate it
  7. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

What were the side effects of the IVIG?

I think that is what I will be doing, will see ID Dr. next month.

Thanks,

Sid

8. donnebonn

donnebonn New Member

Hi folks I'm new here.
    I was diagnosed w/ immunoglobulin anemia a year ago. they put me on ivig every 4 weeks. My IgG went up, but my IgA and IgM went way down.
    I'm still getting sick. And now there's a national shortage of ivig.
    I have an appt @ SS to try & get ssd. Because of my constant recurring illness, I too have been undependable to maintain a regular job.
    I've been trying to get more info on the IgA & IgM anyone have any info re: those 2
    the hemotologist said that my IgG was good, even though I keep getting sick and that there was no medical cure for the M & A.
    Thanks for any input you may have
    donnebonn
  9. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

What kind of the immunoglobulin preparation are you getting for the intramuscular injections? What is the dose? Who ordered it and who administered it?

I do not think IM injections can raise your levels, because it is too small amount of igg that you are getting in, but even small amounts could help with infection. It is not quantitiy, sometimes small amounts work just fine.
  10. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

11. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member