Low Immunoglobulins

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by MikeT, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MikeT

MikeT New Member

Has anyone be affected with very low immunoglobulins and how has it affected you with these diseases? What are your experiences with low immunoglobulins?
  2. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi,

Yes I have. Very low Immunoglobings can be serious. If your doctor has not discussed it, you should look into getting approved for IV or Sub Q Immunoglobin. If your Physician is not familiar, find a good Immunologist who has experience with it. Your primary should be able to help you.

It didn't help me much, but everyone is different and might be the best thing available for this condition (in my opinion). IT may also depend whether this disease is causing your IGG deficency, or the other way around, where the low immunity (igg) is whats behind your CFS. I am not on here often, but saw your question and since I have tried both Intravenous & sub Q IGG I wanted to respond. Hope this helps and good luck.
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Not to alarm you, but I would recommend you get it checked out as soon as possible. Saying prayers for you.

Warmly,

Erika
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I would say it depends how low your numbers are and if you are getting sick with infections. I have had this problem for over 15 years and doing fine without any IV or meds. My numbers are in the 400's. I may get a virus and it takes longer than the average person to feel better, but no major infections to speak of (as yet, and hope never).

I do have my numbers checked through blood work with an immunologist. Sometimes people have a constitutional number and just are that way. I have neutropenia (low white count) for over 35 years. Many hematologists have examined my blood and say it's just me - they don't see a problem and the numbers stay status quo.

So, I would check it out, but not panic~~
  5. joanierav

joanierav Member

i have low immunoglobulins. well they are not that low now, as i get the gamma globulin iv once a month. i was getting pneumonia every yr. so doc said i would have to have these for the rest of my life. im not young anymore, so i guess they were afraid of the pneumonia's every yr.

they do keep the respiratory infections at bey. altho they are a pain. 6 hrs. long.

joanie
  6. ruti

ruti Member

I also have a low IGG and low iga. I am getting igiv onve a month. I started with igg level of 156. It is very low - although i did ok and didn't have serious infections (just the year after my third child). They want me to have levels of 650-700. The levels go down during the month between iv's/ - they would like the low level just before iv to be 700.
    You need to know the iga level if you start iv since people with very low iga might need a specific igg.
    There is an older discussion of the topic on this forum that I participated in. You can look for igg iv topic. I am getting a dose of 20 and it takes about 5-5.5 hours in a clinic in the hospital.
    Ruti