Low, Low Iron and Seziure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by malsmom, Sep 5, 2005.

1. malsmom

malsmom New Member

Hello,
    Just recently I had a Complex Seziure and was rushed to the hospital. I used to have seziures when I was a young girl. I have Ulcerative Colitis / Crohn's Disease - I went for my check up and my blood results came out LOW Iron.This is the second test that came out that way! I am on Iron Supplements and Vit. C. I just now broke out in spots (light pink) on my arm. I have about 8 of them. Other things that are happening is I have Staph under my arm again - so I am seeing the DR. this week. I have the shakes real bad. My back and Colon are hurting bad and I have very low energy. I am scared to eat due to I know I will get sick. All I have now is prayer. So I really need to find out what these spots are. Has anyone ever had these spots?

Malsmom
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm sorry to hear your having somany infections'. and anemia, that is not fun at all. idon't know anything about the spots, jsut wanted to tell you that someone it thinking of you.

jodie
  3. cobie

cobie New Member

Hi, You may ask your Dr for an iron infusion,a lot quicker way of getting iron especially if you have absorbtion problems with your bowel disease. Good luck . cobie
  4. fahan

fahan New Member

of these problems. The pink spots I know nothing about and I hope you can find the problem fast.

I have had seizures since I was small, and last one not very long ago. No Fun!!

Then iron also has been a MAJOR problem in my family. I had to go to the ER afew months ago, the drs. noted my very low iron also.

I think if you could maybe eat alittle of something with high iron in it such as beets, spinich or collards.

I don't know very much about crohn's execpt it is the digestive system, can you eat maybe a bite here and there through out the day?

I really feel very bad for you and wish I could help.

I'll pray for you. fahan
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

They were clueless until I almost died. It was undiagnosed Celiac's, which destroys the villi in the small intestine so you can't absorb the iron (no matter how much you take), plus will give you an IBS type of thing with the colon.

I swore if what I went thru I could help just one person, it would have been worth it. Get them to check it out.

When I did the IV iron I went into anaphylactic shock, so beware of that idea until they find out what is wrong. The spots can be a rash from the Celiac's. Look it up.
  6. jana15

jana15 New Member

Hi there Malsmuom,

I've had poor iron results for about six years now and my Dr told me my body doesn't absorb iron but further to this, my iron is down because I appear to be bleeding from somewhere(which appear to be from my stomach and unbeknowns to me) like you, we have a family history of IBS/Crohn's disease and I am doggedly pursuing the reasons for mine being so low.

If your iron is down because of bleeding somewhere it will show up in your Ferretin Count (usually reported as a sub set of your general blood count) Do you know what yours is?
  7. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Of course, they really couldn't find anything. You would have to cut off your arm to be that low. The IBS/Chrohn's is classic undiagnosed Celiac's.

Unreal.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2005]