Low TSH results; but not feeling 'racey'..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Feb 28, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've been on Armor for years now, and about 2 years ago, found out I was "underdosing", so ended up doubling my dose.
    Titrated it slowly, and when I "exceeded" what I needed, I would immediately start feeling racey.

So backed down, and been feeling "thyroid normal". Then my last two tests came back .06 for TSH, indicating I'm on too much thyroid. But I have none of those symptoms.

Tests are to unpredictable & inconsistent!! One Dr. said, oh it just may be "transient". Another Dr. said, well if your temp is normal & you're not racing around with heart palpitations, just pay attention to that vs the test.

Reassuring isn't it!!

Anyone have this happen?

Thanks & LIGHT************carole
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Thanks pj..........I just have never had low TSH before, so was afraid they were going to drop me.

You gave me the info I was looking for.

LIGHT********** carole
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Hey Carol ...

Most of the experts have said not to put much, if any, stock in thyroid tests, especially TSH after the initial one.

Because of the nature of our illness having hypothalmic disfunction, the TSH is close to useless.

Professor Gunther Neeck ... world's most renowned HPA axis researcher states the same above and says it is most appropriate to adjust treatment to what feels best.

Your instincts are usually right on where what is happening with your body .... I'd just go with how you feel. "Thyroid normal" works for me.

Elsa
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Thanks Elsa............so frustrating to deal w/docs that just "don't know" & can make us worse......yeh that's what we need.

LIGHT**********carole
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Has been since October. They thought I had Graves, so I'm on Toprol XL and then my uptake scan came back really low, so now she thinks it's a thyroiditis. My other tests came back into normal range, but my TSH is still suppressed. FT3, FT4 normal now. At least I hope they are still normal, LOL. They were as of a couple of weeks ago. I am not losing weight, in fact, I have gained a few pounds, so I'm not going to panic like when I was really hyperthyroid. Dropped like 2 pounds a day. Really scary!!!

GBHope