Low white blood count

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klarry, Oct 23, 2005.

1. klarry

klarry New Member

I have just gotten results from a physical. Everthing was good with the exception of a low white blood count. This seems to be an ongoing problem for me. The doctor says that I shouldn't worry, and I am healthy (if you discount my total exhaustion from FMS). Does anyone out there share my problem? Thank you for any light that you can shed on this. May we all have a good day!
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I have had a low white blood count for at least 22 yrs when my present GP found it, maybe longer from the therapies my former GP had me on but she never told me so. I have neutropenia (low neutrophyls sp??) and leukopenia (low leukocytes).

This topic has been raised on the board before and it seems to me that there are quite a few of us. Maybe one more piece of the puzzle - for some of us.

Pepper
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've had a low WBC for several years. Someone told me it meant my body was fighting a virus. Someone else told me the opposite, that it would be high if I was fighting a virus. I am healthy too, apart from godawful CFIDS fatigue and crashes, and a weakened immune system, and a few other things, I mean, I look fine, everyone tells me. . . .

Mary
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I have it too. It can also be one of the indications of Lupus.
    My Pain Dr was concerned over these results and asked my PCP to do another CBC on my next visit. It is my understanding that it should be of some concern if you have more than one CBC that indicates a low WBC.

Do a google search!