Lower Back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My lower back is killing me today. Third day in a row and I don't know what to do!

I took a pain pill about 4 hours ago and will take another one when I eat lunch. I can't take a muscle relaxer at work and I can't go home until 5 (it's only 11:30!!).

I have been up out of my chair and walking around, tried to stretch it out, and have even tried working standing up and nothing seems to help!!

Thanks, I really just needed to vent. I don't do that very often and I am so glad you guys are there when I do!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

The only time I've had a backache was when I was using aspartame or lived down from a company that was dumping chemicals out their back door.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Greenbean,

I have lower back problems but mine are due to buldging discs but no surgery....yet.

I'll tell you what helps mine; after sitting a little bit, I have to get up, as you did, and straighten my back. I also lay on the floor, flat, which is very difficult but relieves the pain; may want to try this when you get home sometimes tonight.

What that does is relieve the nerves because when bend over or sit, much pressure on nerves and need to relax them.

Hope this helps some; also may want to try moist heating pad when you get home.

BlueSky555
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Blue - I do have two bulging disks in my lower back.

I had the cortizone injections, three of them, and it didn't help.

This just seems to one of those weeks when it is really hurting. I don't think it helps that I have osteoparosis in my hips, too.

I just love that everyone here is concerned about each other. So often it is the only place we find understanding.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

After monthes and months of it, I went to Pain Management.

Have Spinal Stenosis, scoliosis and DDD.

Have had epidurals (2), 2 lumbar nerve blocks and none worked. After that I had radiofrequency Lesioning yesterday. I had one side done yesterday and is so helped. Won't do both sides in one procedure.

Look into them - look up on Internet.

Best wishes

Joan
  6. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

i am sitting here typing as tried to sleep and can't cos of lower back pain it's midnight...,have just had a little cry as so frustrated with it...i had been good till a few days ago and now disapointed...
    i try to be positive but right now am pig sick of feeling the pain and the effects it has on me as a person...
    its been like this before and willjust go but right now its there so bad and i feel every second of every minute..i am usually positive and just get through so sorry to seem so down.
    hope fully we will both hav good day tomorrow.
    kirsty (u.k)
  7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

to ease lower back pain and stretch your lower back i have one of those exercise balls. you can lay on one of those and just let your back stretch out gently using you own body weight against the inflated ball. i know this won't help yoou much in the middle of the day at work, but i've found that doing this on a regular basis at home after work has made my back feel much better.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel