lower heart rate = improvement?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quamijay, Mar 20, 2009.

1. quamijay

quamijay New Member

I've just started my cfs treatment last week considering of

1)pro-boost
    2)immunocal
    3)clarithromycin for m.pneumonia
    4)leaky gut diet + vitamins,minerals,antioxidants etc
    5)break from my stressfull job
    6)5 cups green tea everyday
    7)Gupta amygdala retraining

My resting heart rate has dropped from 82 to 54. I would say my total function has improved from 70% to 80%. I have a ton of energy but still feel sickly.

Can we draw conclusions from resting heart rate compared to symptoms???
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

interesting question, will be curious what others say
    my b/p runs low and heart rate medium and I havent correlated too much to times it shifted. one time I tried florinef years back for the nmh and it made my rate go up to like a 100 and it felt terrible so I stopped it. I think usually its 60 and last time someone checked it might have been 80 like 10 days ago, hmmm, I have been having more need to lie down...oh yea, so with the neurally mediated hypotension, the heart going up in theory makes the b/p go down and that can cause syncope or cfs symptoms so yea, as I am writing it is coming back to me. see the john hopkins study from about 97.
  3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Not sure but when my heartrate is lower, I am normally feeling better and vice versa.

I think green tea contains l-theanine which is a calming agent (acts on GABA) so that might be helping.

BP goes up when I feel worse as well as heartrate. Weirdly when I am really sick, my BP is too low but my heartrate goes up (???)

Good to hear you have noticed an improvement on your regimen - hope it continues.

Love Bunchy x
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

very happy to hear of improvement. green tea has caffeine!