LTD INSURANCE WILL BE TERMINATED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leonatilgator, Dec 19, 2002.

1. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

Has anyone gotten LTD insurance past the two years.
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I got it last spring with no hassle. I think it depends upon the company. I know Unum has been having a bad time and was uncovered for denying people due to things like quotas.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2002]
  3. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

My insurance called and told me that I have only 2 years. Which is coming up soon in April 2003. They put me under mental. I don't understand that. I had a car accident. But anyway my doctors put me on permant total disability. I guess I will see what happens.
    Thank you
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

receiving STD payments from Jefferson-Pilot Insurance. Since my MD claimed that my disability would be indefinite, I am sure the company is beginning to panic and think of ways to deny me. I know NOTHING about LTD....I have spinal stenosis which can only be corrected by surgery. How can this company deny paying me? I need to know these things. Please let me know all you guys can about LTD. I was told it can pay till you're 65. Someone please post a new thread about LTD do's and don'ts and rights and wrongs.. Give me info, please!!!!!
    Kady
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

My original dx for them was depression, but I have double-checked to be sure it now includes my physical problems as well, and it does. It doesn't seem fair to limit people with mental health issues to two years. Some of their dx's can cause lifelong disabilities.

I would check and see if you can amend your dx for LTD. It may be too late, but since you were approved initially I wouldn't think it would be hard to get it updated with your physical disabilities on it. It's worth a try.

Barbara
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

It sounds like you will be OK. Yours is definitely a physical problem. The way they get around paying the entire amount is by requiring you to apply for
    SSDI and disability retirement (at least in my case), all of which will be deducted from the amount you receive from LTD.

Barbara
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I want to know all I can about this!!
    Love,
    Kady
  8. lea

lea Member

You may want to go to the disinissues list. The group is quite helpful.
    If you don't know how to get there, just type disinissues thru a search engine.

best,
    lea

[ advertisement ]