LTD Joke!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

Thought those of you who are trying for LTD benefits might enjoy this little story of mine. This disability that I have been applying for and keeps denying me is an insurance company that holds my life insurance policy. There is a clause in there that if you are disabled they will waive the premiums. Well, I've received probably a total of five denial letters but I'm not giving up yet. I received a letter stating that I was not following my doctor's recommendations because I was not going to physical therapy so therefore I must not be disabled. I wrote them back letting them know that I do go to Physical Therapy at the Fibromyalgia Clinic. So now there theory is that since I am able to go to physical therapy I must not be disabled....
    Don't you just hate them???

Dara
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

Thought those of you who are trying for LTD benefits might enjoy this little story of mine. This disability that I have been applying for and keeps denying me is an insurance company that holds my life insurance policy. There is a clause in there that if you are disabled they will waive the premiums. Well, I've received probably a total of five denial letters but I'm not giving up yet. I received a letter stating that I was not following my doctor's recommendations because I was not going to physical therapy so therefore I must not be disabled. I wrote them back letting them know that I do go to Physical Therapy at the Fibromyalgia Clinic. So now there theory is that since I am able to go to physical therapy I must not be disabled....
    Don't you just hate them???

Dara
  3. SaraD

SaraD New Member

And I worked for the company for 9 years. They finally after agreeing and paying me for 18 months, wanted to get me off there slate before the 2 year mark. I guess then they would have to pay me indefinetly, I think, none of those contracts are actually understandable anyway. They had me in tears for many hours on the phone, arguing with them. Finally I gave up. I turned it over to a lawyer as well as my SS claim, but I don't think he is doing squat on either. My age is against me (29) and there excuse for stopping my LTD was I wasn't receiving treatment anymore so I must be better. Which I would have to go to PT 2 or 3 times a day for it to be worth it for me. I've tried EVERYTHING, just about. Anyway, that and if I can take care of my kids then I must be healthy enough to work.
    Good luck. I hear ya!
    Sarad
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

I think we have to be comatose and on our death bed before they consider anyone disabled. My lawyer told me there was a special just lately on 60 minutes or Dateline, one of those, about UNUM insurance getting into trouble for denying all claims.

Dara