Luck with Q10?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Erinda, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Erinda

Erinda New Member

Hello, I'm new here...My mother in law has FM, also has RA, and bad reactions to the methotrexate/prednizone/remicade. She is trying alternative methods of coping, off all the drugs, but the FM seems to be flairing up again. I have been reading about coenzyme Q10 for FM. She has been taking it, but I don't think enough. Has anyone had good results?
    Thanks
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your post slipped over to Page 2, so I am responding to "bump" it back up to the top. If you do a search on the topic, it will bring up all the posts on the subject from the past. This may yield something until you get some responses.

Love, Mikie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

She needs at least 60 mgs. daily, and as much as 300 mgs. It should be a softgel capsule the the stuff inside should be yellow-orange, not gray. The cheaper gray ones are not effective. It must be taken with a little fat of some kind to be absorbed.
    It will take awhile to notice energy improvement, as with all natural products.
    It is a great preventative for heart problems also.
    Klutzo
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

to get any apprieciable effects. Years ago I tried lower doses but gave up becuase they did nothing for me.

I agree that they are good for the heart and probably good for you generally.

You need to take the right supplement and at the right time but you already been given good advice on that.

On a personal note I found taking both enada nadh and co q 10 together work better than either on its own.

Cheers

Tansy
  5. LTLadyVols

LTLadyVols New Member

Does Co-Q-10 cause any adverse reactions when taken with zoloft and bextra?? I have read that it is a good energy booster but don't want to try something that will boost me outta my skull!

Thanks.