Lucky...re: Colostrum?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I noticed that you felt like Colostrum had been a big benefit to you, as well as, the OLE..I wondered what brand you are taking? What symptom improvement do you see from its use?

I have been on Colostrum, too, but can't see a tangible improvement, unless it is working in the background..not nearly as directly noticeable as the OLE, for me..

BTW..Prior to OLE, I was not of the ones that seemed to benefit from supplements..but, as you know, huge difference from it..just wished I could find conferable benefit from antivirals or something to deal with rest of symptoms..mainly, fatigue, feverish symptoms when trying to do much, and cognitive symptoms...What is the rest of the puzzle, in other words? sounds like you have had some energy, by being able to travel some..

Plantscaper

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Colostrum is something which produces any perceived benefit. It was most likely the OLE which was making the difference. I think the colostrum is really important, as is taking undenatured whey, to help build up our immune systems. I take the colostrum and whey sold here and have not found any better prices, especially with the automatic ordering service.

Love, Mikie
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hi Mikie,

Have you been able to increase your FAMVIR and are improving on it as before? What do you think about the SBOs that have been put forth as a cure?
    This has really been quite a quest for health...for you. hope you get there soon..

Plantscaper

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I started taking the full dose on my own from the samples because the half dose wasn't cutting it. I had a big Herx and then felt great. Today, I'm Herxing again. I must be full of these little beasties.

I'm also back on the Doxy as after two weeks off them, my symptoms came creeping back. Sometimes I can go a month off them and sometimes only two weeks. Getting rid of this stuff is an ongoing process, but getting treatment has certainly improved my health, even with the Herxing. Thanks for asking.

What are SBO's?

Love, Mikie
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

soil based organisms. Another alternative to anti fungals/biotics/virals. Flora Balance uses just one, I believe 3 Lac contains a variety. Natures Biotics and Primal Defence contain a wide range.

They're another possible weapon in our arsenal against all those critters. My personal opinion is that they're most effective in the GI tract, not all are as broad spectrum or require such a strict diet that the Natures Biotics Dale used successfully do.

Love

Tansy

6. lucky

lucky New Member

The colostrum seems to be good for my IBS and also in combination with the OLE very helpful with the many allergies I have. As Mikie mentioned, I am not sure if my increased energy is only due to one or both supplements. I have not figured that out yet.
    At the same time, I decreased the Ritalin substantially and think that I even can cut it down more which is great. It has been a big help for the cognitive problems and memory, but again, this obviously has improved that I do not need the Ritalin as much anymore. Now, I really don't know what to think, is OLE really a miracle supplement? Or colostrum or both?
    I was able to get the colostrum by NOW which was greatly reduced because the Vitamine City where I bought it across the boarder was bought out by Vitamine World. But we get an excellent product here which is made from Newzealand cow's milk and costs abt. C$32.00. Will investigate further what is offered on this site.
    My IBS by the way I found out is caused by diverticolosis and not diverticulitis as the doctor expected, and I am sure that both supplements keep it under control.
    Now, I do not have every day that I can pull out trees so to speak, however, my overall health has greatly improved since I am on OLE and colostrum.
    I hope that you'll find something for your cognitive problems, for me the only way out and surviving is a moderate amount of Ritalin which has made my life much easier.
    How I have survived my many travels over all these years with this illness, is even for me a big question mark today. I often was so sick at times, but when you travel internationally, you learn by experience and never go without any prescriptions whereever you go. I always paid my price and after the holidays I spent weeks in bed at times, but I had beautiful memories and still have them which really kept me going in my bad and down times.
    I hope you are also getting to this level where you can have a little bit more fun and see different places.
    I wish you the best, Lucky
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

but so far have kept the dose low due to dairy intolerance. If I increase my dose I get a lot of nausea.

My son has been using probiotics, colustrum and is on the Atkins diet. His ibs has improved dramatically. He seems more energetic, calm, and well than I have seen him in a long time. His next academic year will tell whether this is really helping. It's his final year at university, which is always the most stressful, and he'll be running the security at the venue where he already works in the evenings.

Cheers

Tansy
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

and what Dehaddress has stated about her experience..it was very far reaching in her success on it and I have many of the same problems, as well as, I need to find a very successful treatment for my mother's ongoing fungal problems, and intestinal health..It does sound very promising..Have,also, read that the same medical reporter, Morton Walker, has done an article on this subject, in the Townsend Letter, but was unable to find it, before storm..I trust his guidance, as it beared out so with the OLE..

9. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for all your responses...every little bit helps me along the way...Have been off my computer due to weather(have tumultuous thunderstorms in Colorado), and emersed before, then, in reading about SBOs..too little brain and too much to absorb today..

Lucky,

I took Cylert (for some reason it stopped working well), which helped my brain for awhile..could not tolerate the Ritalin, at all..Trying to help brain in indirect ways, now..although, have started a little Klonopin..
    It is good to hear that things are still improving for you..and traveling is wonderful..I do my gardening..been growing a lot of different herbs, this year, which ends up in a lot of recipes..I think my IBS has improved, greatly, too, but I had thought it was due to all the digestive enzymes/probiotics..maybe the Colostrum, too..then..

Tansy,

Has the SBOs been more effective than Probiotics with people over there?

Many regards to all,
    Plantscaper
  10. tansy

tansy New Member

I personally don't know of anyone who' tried sbos, the products are available here but cost more than they do in the states. If I ask the retailers I can't be too sure of their replies, after all they have to make a living. I ordered our flora balance from the states. Have you looked up three lac. They're expensive but it's claimed the diet does not have to be so restricted. There have been a few posts on this on the candida message board

If I learn more I'll let you know.

Love

Tansy
  11. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I noticed that Dale said she was only on organic food, veggies and fruit..I try to buy only organic, now..We don't have purified water..although, it comes from a neighborhood association's well..in high altitude mountains..I guess I should find out about what the restrictions are..I am now on no processed food..all natural.. Do you get that info from Dale?

I'll go look at the info on the Candida board...

Plantscaper
  12. lucky

lucky New Member

Thanks for your reply. I believe and hope that with more knowledge and more research it finally will result in getting an answer that probably our illnesses are mostly of viral origin, which hopefully will lead to better treatments of these illnesses. My doctor's strong opinion is that a virus has damaged parts of our brain, and that's probably why it is very difficult to put a finger on which one it was because mostly it has become dormant again (in my case EBV). Therefore we have the many symptoms because the part which controls our immune system, nervous system, hormonal balance etc. have become unbalanced. Most of us did have or had EBV or HV6 or Mycoplasma (some still having these).
    I myself do not believe very much that diet etc. will be the answer. It helps to control the illness a little, and I have never followed any strict diets because I believe since my system is so run down, I should not deprive it of any nutritients I need and have always believed in a healthy life style.
    However, since the fungi/bacterial problems are part of the cause of the dysfunct immune system, it does help to be cautious of certain type of foods we eat. But, if you ask me, these problems are not solved with a diet only but need medications or alternatives (OLE) for example as well. What strikes me as strange is that since I am on the OLE, my brain functions seem to be better, which is an indication that because of its positive effect these have also improved.
    I also have been on an antiviral some time ago, which after taking it for abt. 3 months did not help. So, I am watching Mikie, how she will be doing on her Famvir. I asked my doctor for another try, however, he refused, telling me that in case of some outbreaks of major diseases he does not want me to get immune to the med.
    I have been doing a lot of gardening as well this spring, but get very restless if I cannot travel or take trips around our beautiful country side. I was always very grateful, that I was able to get some new input into my life and escape the drudgery of this illness every day.
    I have a friend living in Boulder, must be just beautiful.
    Take care and enjoy your garden and have a nice weekend, Lucky

[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2003]
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

from Dale and the natures biotics site. It would seem one has to use distilled water only and 80% of food intake has to be juiced organic veggies. No drugs or supps are supposed to be taken either which could be a problem for your mother. I might use this once things have improved a lot, if I feel it is necessary, I know my body and how it reacts to certain measures and for the time being I think this would cause more harm than good. But for those with candida, chemical sensitivies, and food intolerances as their main problems think this is worth looking into. I still have problems in these areas but nothing like as bad as they used to be following avoidance (where possible) and desensitisatoin.

The other two I looked up are not so broad spectrum and the restricitons are less.

The Three Lac comapany say that less restricted dietary restrictions are needed. Their product is expensive and there are companion supps to go with it.

The Flora balance is just one strain, it gives charts on it's effectiveness on certain pathogens including candida and the time it takes in vitro for them to clear.

Have also discovered I-Flora lots more strains and seems pretty powerful stuff.

Fungal defence contains SBOs along with OLE, oregano oil, plus a few other potentially helpful ingrediants. Don't know if it's any good though.

My friend will use flora balance topically and I'll use the powder form to see if it helps with any candida still in my upper tract and any other pathogens lurking around there. It's much cheaper to use than the others and I am really struggling financially with all of this. Also I go forward as simply and carefully as I can, past experiences have taught me to do so.

Good luck, it's a real minefield isn't it.

Cheers

Tansy
  14. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

For taking the time to gather all that information..I will be weighing it, carefully, and will decide on what to do in the future...don't think my mother could do such a restrictive diet and know she cannot go off her medications...but I will be trying to explore new options with her docs in future on healthier meds, I hope..

Thanks for all the kindness and help...If you need any vitamins that you can't get over in the U.K., let me know..I am seeking a lot of various options for self, as well..you really need to try OLE to see if it could help you..I will never regret that decision...could not do without it..

Plantscaper
  15. tansy

tansy New Member

I'm hoping I won't need it, likewise anything I can do for you let me know.

I will start OLE again once I feel the DEs are doing their job and after taking flora balance for a while. Don't mind herxing but due to some past problems I know I do have to go carefully, one bit of die off or herxing at a time. The flora balance will I hope kill of some bugs and any remaining candida in my upper tract. Am taking garlic with a very high allicin yield +++. Eventually I hope to get to the stage where I can safely accelerate everything.

I always joke that one can tell a lot from people's fridges. Mine has one small section with films and the rest is full of veg and supps with the odd bit of animal protein. If I know people are coming around I have to remember to buy the more usual beverages and food stuff.

Actually I enjoyed doing the search on these, I learnt a lot. Don't cope with detail but I've got really good at skimming and getting the jist over all these years. I try to approach all this with an open mind but at the same time remind myself that if some of the claims made were true we'd have all heard about it before now.

Hope you find the right anti candida programme for your mother.

Cheers

Tansy
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the info.

Love, Mikie
  17. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I took Colostrum High IG (?forget letters) a few years ago. It really helped me a great deal. It reversed
    my sleep cycle. It didn't do anything for me as
    far as immunity to colds and flues. I had
    to stop it prior to my gallbladder surgery and when
    I took it the next time, it did not work anymore.
    I really thought it was so wonderful when I first
    took it. I believe i noticed it either within a few
    days or two weeks. Can't remember.
    Good luck with it.
    Lynn

Mine was Symbiotics
    Of the two, one is high content and the
    other is regular. One is from New Zealand
    and the other is not.