you have MCS could I ask what you use rop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 4, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

for personal care (cleaning and moisturising your face, cleaning your eyes, any makeup you can use etc) as well as what cleaning stuff you tolerate? I am really struggling with MCS and how to best treat/ live with it! I had found skincare I could use but they discontinued it and I only have a little left so I'm on a search to find something else to cleanse/ moisturise with that won't make me violently ill! I am afflicted with rosacea too (eyes and face). Hope you see this! Thanks so much...Shelbo :)
  2. lukro

lukro Member

I am very sorry that you are going through this. I can sympathize and offer what works for me. I do realize that what works for me may not work for another—we are all so different.

Cleanse: Aubrey’s facial cleanser for dry skin
    Moisturizer: I buy emu oil from a health food store and use a small dab w/ lots of water; I alternate w/ jojoba oil (also used to remove makeup). I also use MyChelle products (check them out online) when I can afford them.
    Dry eyes: similasan dry eyes
    Makeup: Cory’s mineral makeup is the only one that does not irritate my skin

Household: I use white vinegar made from grain (not petro-chem) to clean everything. I do use BonAmi on occasion if I need to seriously scrub the tub or kitchen sink. I also use baking soda as a scrub. I do not use any other cleaning products. For laundry, I use Seven Generation soap. Also I use their kitchen soap for dishes. All are, of course, non-fragranced (you can buy the lavender scented but I do not). I use all soaps very sparingly.

3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Thanks for replying! :)

I hope you're doing okay :)

Thanks so much for sharing what works for you. I will look into those products you mentioned. I have seriously dry skin. I used to be able tolerate Jane Iredale mineral makeup but now it makes my face sore and makes me feel sick. I have tried lots of mineral makeup alternatives but have the same reaction each time. I have not tried Cory though so I will look into that (I looked up some reviews for the Cory stuff online though and was a bit disturbed to find some reviewers found her products smelt of smoke on arrival.)

Are you able to tolerate the oil on your eyes? I have real trouble with my eyes (serious problems with ocular rosacea and chemical sensitivity) and am looking for a cleanser for them as keeping them clean without irritation/ flaring up a horrible reaction is so important!

You're so right that we are all different. For the past two years I have not been able to tolerate anything new (natural or otherwise) which is worrying since I have only a little of my safe stuff left! :( I am so worried and anxious as when I use nothing at all I still seem to get a horrible reaction (till I use my safe stuff!)

Thanks for all your help and advice Lukro! I hope you see this message!

Take care, Shelbo :)

4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Could you please tell me the exact name of that Aubrey cleanser? There seem to be quite a few cleansers in that line? Thanks! :)
  5. lukro

lukro Member

I bought the Cory products several years ago and there was no smell of smoke. I mix colors and buy two, so they last forever.

The Aubrey cleanser is Seaware w/ Rose Mosqueta facial cleansing cream for dry skin (number 1 on the bottle).

My eyes are dry but not my eyelids. I do not use oil around them so I do not know if I'm sensitive in that area or not.