Lumbar Spine and FM Problems = PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, May 22, 2012.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

My problems began with the cervical spine and had 2 surgeries for that; my throat looks terrible, including scar from thyroid surgery. After that, I began having problems with the lumbar area and diagnosed with "facet joint syndrome". Last, I was diagnosed with FM.

I do have a pain management doctor and I visit with them every 2 months; I get injection for lumbar facet joint syndrome and am put to sleep for that one, then go back in a month and get different injection, they just freeze the area with a spray, then office visit, and back to the main injection. However, by the time I get from the main injection to the next main injection, I'm in a lot of pain.

I do think most of my pain comes from the FM. My body just aches all over most all of the time. I do get relief every now and then but I take meloxicam and I think that helps more than anything else I take. That may be helping some with the FM, not sure.

I am not new to the board, just haven't been here in a while; quite a while. I see many names that I remember.

If I can answer any questions for anyone, if I know the answer I will. It's good to be back and see and read the Message Board again.

2. deepak

deepak Member

Dear bluesky,

have you tried LDN ? I am currently trying it and it surely is helping in the pain and fatigue. No, I am not "normal" but definitely helps me feel better.

3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

May I ask what LDN is? My apology but I don't know what that is.

Thank you for responding.

4. deepak

deepak Member

Low dose naltrexone

Just google LDN and fibromyalgia , you will come across a lot of info :)

5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you so much deepak; I will do a search on it. It will be later; I need to go now but thank you kindly,

6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Freida, thank you so much! I do remember some of the names I have seen but I have only signed on, I think, 4 times but hope to come back more often.

It was so kind of you to welcome me back!

Thank you and I hope you have a great day!