Lump/Bump on left side of neck anyone else have??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by busybusymom, Aug 31, 2008.

1. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I have a lump/bump under my neck, where I believe are lymph nodes. This has been here for a long time. I had one doctor look at it and he didn't think anything of it.

Has anyone had any strange inflamed lymph nodes or bumps in the neck region? I have fibro and CFS, and wondering if it could be related.

2. binxi

binxi New Member

my lymph nodes have been up since i got cfs in november.
    my understanding is that as long as you can move them around they are ok, but if they get hard you should go straight to the doctor.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have a painful lump on the left side of my neck. I went to an ENT who threaded a light down there by going through my nose (not as bad as it sounds) and told me it is an enlarged salivary gland.

I've lived with it for about 6 years now. It is not moveable and is pretty hard, so I agree with the poster who said to get these things checked out. Every once in awhile, I feel around it to make sure it has not enlarged.

If you are not satisified with the non-diagnosis you got, I'd get a second opinion.

4. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

Yes......I have one on left side of neck. Have not told the Dr., because when I tell him anything, he says I am whining.

I hurt so bad right now, in the upper back.

The lump...knot or whatever isn't hurting.

Bye for now.

Oh yeah left armpit looks swollen, and has been for some time.
  5. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I will have to get it checked out. To be honest, it hurts too much to tell if it is hard or soft. I'm just hoping it is some kind of weird flare from the CFS, but will check it out with a doc!

6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

It's probably a lymph node swollen due to an overactive immune system or an active virus. The "lumps" to worry about don't hurt or so I've heard.

I've had them everywhere over the years I've been sick - neck,armpits, groin, behind knees, even at the base of my skull - yikes!

Love Bunchy x