lump in throat??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Sep 26, 2006.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

About a month ago, I woke in the morning and it felt like someone hit me in the left side of my neck. My throat was sore on the inside right below my gland.

It hurt to swallow and my ears hurt and my throat burned for about a week. I went to my doc and he said there was no redness and no water in the ear which would show infection.

But he went ahead and gave me a Z-pack and I started feeling a little better for a few weeks.

Now about 5 days ago, here it is again. Only, this time, it is more painful and I have no appetite. My stomach feels weird. No pain, just dull.

The lump in my throat hurt so bad last evening, I layed down from 7pm til 9pm with a soft blanket over my left ear (that is the worst one) and then got up and my ear and throat felt better. Heat seems to help it.

Well, about noon today, here it comes again. What in the world is this? Sinus? Glands? Indigestion?

I guess I will make another appt. to see the doc!!! Aarg!!

Anyone with any suggestions on what this could be? Or anyone with the same problem?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

bozey
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Do you still have your tonsils ? Is the lump on them IF you have them ? Get it checked out. Don't want to worry you but someone I know had sore throat for awhile and finally went to Doc. and they diagnosed her with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Probably not what is wrong with you but it's better to be safe than sorry, get it checked>
  3. bozey

bozey New Member

Thank you so much for replying. I will make an appt. to go to an ENT next week. I do still have my tonsils but don't see any swelling back there.

Thanks again

bozey
  4. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Bozey:

I would suggest you see an ENT doctor. So many different things it could be. They will know best.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  5. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

I am glad you made an appointment for ENT.

I too had the same challenge. It ended up being enlarged lymph nodes that were pressing up against a muscle/tendon. The pain was awful.

fyi. Swollen glands/lymph nodes on the side of neck are noted as a symptom of CFS.