lump in throat??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat0465, Apr 26, 2010.

1. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

anyone have this feeling?? i get it from time to time, and it drive me Batty!
    sometimes it even feels like it goes from my throat to the top of my chest.
    i do have costo,but this isnt really a pain. it's just uncomfortable & feels like theres soemthing in my throat & chest that isnt supposed to be there.
    anyone know what im talkin about??
    thanks, Kat
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2010]
  2. lea

lea Member

meds like prilosec. If it goes away, then you know it is gerd, or acid reflux.
    good luck
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

acid reflux.
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i do have bad heartburn at times, but i never thought i would be from that.
    thanks for the posts, if thats what it is, finally something easy to fix :)
  5. loto

loto Member

what you're talking about. Instead of a lump, though, I always described mine as like a bubble that expands, then goes down.
    I had that a lot, then was diagnosed with acid reflux. The Omeprazole I was described keeps it gone!

6. hi all,
    i also get the lump in the throat and further down the food pipe.

what ive put it down to are two things.

some of us suffer from irritable bowel syndrome,and i think pockets of trapped air are in our guts.

this slows down the normal movement of food through our intestines,so what you are feeling is the food that you just ate,or what you ate about half a hour ago,its still stuck in your gullet and throat.

if you where to stand up,raise your arms and move then as if you are climbing up a ladder,you will belch or pass wind from your bottom.then the food will move through you,and the lump will go away.

the other thing is,sometimes we with the fibro and CFS,get a bit tense when we least expect to,and it can be your throat and osophagus muscles going into a mild panic attack.constricting and such.ive felt the spasms.

its just a case of learning to slow breathe and try to calm the situation down,without letting anyone know (in public)that we are having a still learning to do this,but am coping well so far.

take care all,love fran.
  7. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

It showed up on xray, too. My neck is so out of line from a whiplash injury years ago and the muscles in the front of the neck are sore and tight. I have a spot in my throat where pills or chunks of food get stuck.

Massage therapy helps when I can afford it and stretching helps. Ibuprofen, too and rest. I also soak in hot epsom salts.