Lump on tailbone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jadibeler, Jul 18, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I was just reading a thread concerning pain in the tailbone area and it reminded me of something my daughter just told me. She has FM but I don't know if this could be related.

She said she has a lump (she called it a growth) on her tailbone that is between the size of a golf ball and a superball (remember those?). She is having it examined next month and I'm very worried about it. She didn't say how long it's been there or whether it just popped up or has been growing larger with time. All I ever get from her are short, cryptic e-mails once in a blue moon.

But I have heard some people with FM have "bumps and lumps" and I'm just wondering if this falls within this category.

JoAnn
  2. Hippen

Hippen New Member

There is a gland located near the tip of the tailbone at the top of the bum crack...sorry. This gland can become clogged and painful. This is a common condition that men and women can have. It is more common in men though women also suffer. A friend of ours had to have his gland removed because he had problems with his becoming infected all the time. I have a feeling that this may be the problem...but I am glad that she will be seeing the doctor to make sure. Please let us know how the appoinment goes for her when you find out. Prayers and happy thoughts coming your way.............Hippen
  3. That was really a big problem if the time goes by without solving that issue. Have you ever did your first move?