Lump under Lower left rib cage??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I had showered after doing a light workout. I happened to look in full length mirror in dressing area and noticed a walnut-size lump under the lower left bone of my rib cage.
    I had never seen this before. Don't know when it developed.
    I checked the right side and nothing.
    The lump feels hard and rubbery. Anyone else ever had one of these? I am rather thin but could it be some kind of fat deposit? I have a lump in one forearm that the doctor says is tendinitis., but I would not expect tendinitis below the rib cage. Do you think this is worth a trip to the doctor?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

The spleen is part of the lymphatic system and can get swollen when you're suffering from certain viruses. Epstein-Barr causes Mono. The spleen and your spinal column hold a copy of every virus you ever been exposed to. Its part of the memory system for your immune system, so it "remembers" how to deal with this or that virus.

If the spleen bursts, you can bleed to death.

It could also be a fatty tumor called a lypoma. These are usually non-cancerous. If its not really growing and feels detached all by itself, then it sounds like a lypoma.

Best to have a doc check it out for sure.

3. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

A lipoma is a smooth, rubbery, dome-shaped lump that is easily movable under the skin. Is it easily moveable? Does it hurt to the touch? Does it have smooth edges, or irregular ones? Is it painful to the touch?

Either way, I would see doc...couldn't hurt, ya know?

K
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

My b/f has this also or something very similar to it. We have been wondering what it could be. He is an auto mechanic and leans over a lot on that spot when he is working underneath the hood.

It is under his left rib cage like yours and you can kind of move it around somewhat, and it feels rubbery. So, I am interseted in replies from others also. We have no insurance, otherwise we would have already had it checked out.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2006]
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My nutritionalist told me to apply Castor Oil to my lypoma. Due to brain fog, I haven't applied it consistently. I will start applying it again.

I try to line up all my stuff to take each day but my wife is the Queen of Clean and puts it all away. Any ideas?
  6. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

Went to doctor yesterday. He says it is a lypoma and nothing to worry about. He suggested a lose a few pounds. I had slipped up to 134 lbs. He thinks because of my small frame I should keep my weight in the mid to upper 120s forever.
    As soon as my foot finishes healing after bunion surgery, I guess I will have to figure out how to work out more. I started cutting back on a few calories today.

Thanks to all your responses and God bless you all!
  7. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Hi Lady Bird!

So happy that you got the diagnosis! I'm glad we could help...take care!

K

PS- 134 is TEENY! I am 5'8 and am up to 205 lbs...I have always been in the 170's...Weight is a TOUGH issue. Good luck!