Lumps and bumps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Feb 2, 2003.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Many of us have talked about the lumps and bumps we feel on our bodies during self massage or when someone rubs us. I especially feel them in my back (between the shoulderblades), neck area and hip-thigh area. My question is; are these lumps containing toxins? When I went to a massage therapist awhile back (painful) she worked on these areas to decrease the lumps and said to drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins. Should we go for bodywork even though it stirs up pain or can we just leave these fibro knots alone? I've been getting upper back aches lately and I think it's from these fibro knots.
    Tania
  2. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Hi Tania

When you have a massage aswell as working on the muscles its massages the lymphatic system which is what flushes out toxins from our bodies - swollen glands in neck are swollen lymp nodes.

But the knots in your back and neck are tight muscles and nerves (i think). I have these and have found massage is too severe and can actually make me feel worse

Accupuncture was the only thing that helped the pain. If you have not tried accupuncture I would give it a go.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca