lumps in neckPLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susiny1, Aug 22, 2006.

1. susiny1

susiny1 New Member

Hi everyone I haven't been here for awhile . This message board always made me feel better. well about the lumps .DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL YOU THEY JUST COME WITH FIBRO. THIS IS WHAT DOCTORS HAVE BEEN TELLING ME. I FINALLY GOT FED UP AND WENT TO ANOTHER ENT AND HE DID A BIOPSY ON A BIG ONE ON MY NECK ,IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE, HE SAID HE WOULD SEND IT TO THE MAYO CLINIC TO BE SURE. WELL IT CAME BACK AS CANCER, PROBABLY HAD IT A FEW YEARS I WAS TOLD. IT'S A SLOW GROWING CANCER AND I HAVE TO START CHEMO NEXT WEEK. PLEASE IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU DIDN'T GET THE RIGHT ANSWER GO TO A NEW DOC. I AM SOOO MAD KNOWING I HAD THIS AND NO ONE WANTED TO GO ANY FURTHER. SO MY LINE NOW IS 'WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THIS WAS YOUR MOM OR CHILD ' I SAY IT RIGHT TO THE DOCS FACE. GOD, I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS I CAN GET . OK ONE MORE TIME .. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND FOLLOW UP WITH REPORTS ,THEY FORGET TO CALL SOMETIMES. I FEEL BETTER NOW THAT I WROTE MAYBE I HELPED SOMEONE. GOD BLESS ALL. SUSI
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I agree, at the end of the day, YOU have to take responsibility for your medical care. If you are not getting the proper treatment, keep pursuing help until you get it.

Some people have insurance plans that limit their ability to get help that can cost them their lives.

I am currently changing doctor. No need to go into details, just to say, our family did not receive good medical care. Our doctor had a "concierge" practice where he claims to be like "Dr. Welby". It was not the case.

You must learn to to proactive. It can be hard but it can also save your life.

3. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you have cancer. I wish you the best of luck with your chemo treatments.

I will keep you in my prayers.

I agree that you need to listen to your body. Everyone needs to also take responsibility for their own health. If you know you have a problem, make sure you mention it to your doctor(s) -- they won't know anything about it if you don't tell him/her.

Then, if you do not like the answer that you get from him/her, go see another doctor, and another one, if necessary.

Doctors have so many patients that they are bound to have tons of reports going every which way in their offices, they are human, too, and mistakes can happen--so like Susi said, if you don't get a call from them, make sure you followup on your tests! Keep calling them until you get some answers!