LUMPS Please HELP.. Feeling desperate :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

HELP!

I'm so frustrated!

I have a hard painful lump on my neck. I've had two thyroid ultrasounds that came back normal. Yet Two drs have felt it and agree that it is there.

I've had it since before Christmas for sure but was noticing trouble swallowing for several months longer than that.

Today I noticed a swollen lymph node under my ear. This one is soft and feels different than the one on my neck.

I have also been severely fatigued - sleeping most of the day.

And my Orthostatic Hypotension is really bad. Blacking out constantly.

I feel like I have to find just the right dr and say just the right thing to get any help. I'm afraid by then it will be too late!

Please share any thoughts or experience you might have with me. I'm feeling lonely, scared and helpless.

Sofi
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I forgot to mention my hair has been falling out too.

Any thoughts???

Sofi
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Thyroid problems can cause your hair to fall out.

The lymph nodes hang onto poisons until the body is ready to deal with them. Viruses also cause them to swell up.

Mary Shomom is a journalist who got real sick from thyroid problems. She gets thyroid doctors and patients together and has lots of great info. http://www.ithyroid.com/cadmium.htm

The cadmium section above is a new find. Cadmium is a toxic metal that inhibits the T4->T3 conversion. I have 4X the max acceptable level of Cadmium, Lead and Antimony. I found them using a Hair Analysis which I got from 1to1vitamins.
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

The doctors that you saw admit that the lump is there so are they willing to do anymore tests or have they just given up on you since the ultrasounds came out fine?

That is ridiculous. They should be willing to do more since they can obviously feel that it is there. What about a CT Scan or an MRI or something? Those may show more.

Can you get a doctor to do one of those or some other tests?

Have they done any blood work? Tested your thyroid? Anything else? There is more that needs to be done.

Have you told them you are blacking out?

Sorry that I don't have any suggestions. It still could be the thyroid or it could be something else.

The only advice I have it to be persistant and don't give up until they do more tests and find out what is going on.

Sorry I am not much help. I just wanted to respond to say that I hope you are ok and that we are here for you.

Take Care,
    Pam
  5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I hope that they aren't finished with tests yet. My goodness, that would be frightening. The hypotension - do they give you something for that?

Flax seeds are good, but to get the most out of them, they should be GROUND so you can digest them. Otherwise, they just pass through the system as they are.
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thanks for the info on the Flax. I may give that a try.

I'm going to the Endo tomorrow (3rd Dr I've talked to about this). She ran a bunch of tests last week so we'll be going over them.

Although I have had thyroid tests done twice and were normal.

My DHEA was low and low alkaline phosphatase twice.

My symptoms fall into adrenal/thyroid but I can't find the problem.

I have:
    muscle cramps
    no temperature control (freezing or hot)
    Incredibly dry (neuro thought maybe sjogrens)
    Nausea - constant
    Extreme fatigue
    Menstrual issues (gyne Dx'd PCOS but endo doesn't think so)
    Bad OH dysautonomia and mvp
    Trouble swallowing
    Thirsty
    Dark spots above lip, on arms, and on leg (like tan splotches)
    Recent 8 week cluster headache episode (Pure misery)
    etc. etc. That's probably enough to mention for now.

What do you think? I'm so afraid I'm going to go in tomorrow and the endo will leave me empty handed again.

Sofi
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Any ideas on my symptoms??

Sofi
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I know how you feel. I have swollen nodes in my neck but what worries me is the big one I have in my arm pit. I had a ultrasound on that one but they haven`t got the results back yet. Have they ultrasounded the actual lump? If not really push for that.

I am going to ask for a biopsy if they don`t order one and maybe you should too. With these diseases people have enlarged lymph nodes a lot but you know when something different comes up. I don`t know what your symptoms mean but we have to keep pushing for them to check everything out. I know that gets tiring and sometimes I just want to give up but I push on.

Let us know if you find out anything new. Hugs,
    Sandy
  9. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I had a swollen lymph node in my neck for almost a year following aspartame poisoning. When my son was 4 years old, all of his lymph nodes were swollen. His were caused by tricholoethylene exposure. His biopsy revealed nothing. They eventually went down after a few years.