lunesta and headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritbar, Nov 12, 2006.

1. ritbar

ritbar New Member

Anyone have headaches with Lunesta?
    I am on 2mg and wake up with a severe headache and I don't feel I am sleeping any better.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Bumping for responses
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I tried Lunesta. I normally use 10 mg. of Ambien, but I have hunger binges on Ambien during the middle of the night. I don't even know that I've eaten until the next morning! That is frustrating and creepy; that is why I tried the Lunesta.

The Ambien allows me to get a deep sleep and over-ride the pain of my RA and FM; the Lunesta didn't.

I don't remember headaches, but we all respond so differently to the same medications.

Amitryptaline (spelling???) could be another possible replacement for the Lunesta.
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

Ritbar - I have been on 3 mg of Lunesta since early September. I sleep like a baby while on it. If I forget to take it, I wake up several times a night in pain.

I ordinarily was waking up with headaches before the Lunesta...but at one point the headaches went away (for about a month) and I was on the Lunesta at the time, so NO, it did not cause me headaches; however, something sure does!!!

TerryS
  5. ritbar

ritbar New Member

thanks,
    sure whould like to know what is causing the headaches,