Lunesta is not the besta for mea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skippy007, Apr 27, 2007.

1. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

I tried Lunesta (2 mg) last night. Took the pill with a little bread wrapped around it like I was told. The bread did not help the bad metallic taste problem you get. I awoke with it and have had it all day. I still woke up during the night 3 times but could go right back to sleep. Didn't feel hung over this morning but didn't feel real rested either. I tried Rozerem? but did nothing. I take flexeril at bedtime to help with muscles. For the interim, I will go back to the Temazapan (30 mg)and seek another type of sleep aide from my doctor.
  2. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I have Lunesta 3mg. When I take it, I usually wake up at least once during the night. One good thing is I usually wake up less often than if I take nothing.
  3. 2psnapod

2psnapod New Member

Lunesta did nothing for me (except giving me the bad taste in my mouth). Have you tried Ambien? I have taken it so long now that it only marginally helps but it is better than nothing. Here is what I take to get to sleep:

2 10mg Ambiens
    3 Somas
    1 2mg Xanax

And I STILL have trouble sleeping!
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I really don't like Lunesta for many reasons. It made me very depressed and the next day nauseated. It does work okay for sleep but I just don't like it.

I like Temazapan (Restoril) and took 22.5 mg. The only thing is, it takes about 2 hrs to work on me.

For the past months, Iv'e had good luck with regular Ambien at 15 mg. I use one 1 1/2 10 mg tablets.

Lunesta is one of the newer drugs and I would not be surprised if it was pulled off the market in the next year.