Lunesta...NEW WAY to Take IT!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Oct 8, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

OK...short and sweet! Took soma and klonipen at 10 PM; went to sleep at 11. Woke at 1:30, took Lunesta. Slept til 3:30, woke, slept til 5, woke, slept til 7:20. Feel pretty well today; a lot better than yesterday.

Just decided to take pill later so I would prolong the sleep cycle. Don't know if this will keep working, or if it will help anyone else, but seemed to work better for me.

Have a good Saturday. I have actually gotten things done this AM. So nice.

Sue
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

I cut my 3mg tablet in half and take when going to bed. It usually puts me to sleep within 15 minutes. If I wake up in 2 to 3 hrs I sometimes will take the second half to get more sleep than the usual 5-6 hrs it takes to be gone from my system.

I really do notice the difference when I can get a good 7 hrs sleep but it sure doesnt happen often enough. I wish they could make them slower releasing but Im glad to have them cuz NOTHING else had any effect on my sleep.

Ive gotten use to the taste. When I have that taste I know healing sleep is coming and find comfort in that.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have found that I wake with a slight bad taste in the back of my throat, but once I drink some coffee and get going, it's gone. I am SO thankful.

Sofy,I also have the 3 mg. and that is another option, cutting it in half. I'm going to try this to see if things improve, but I'm so happy you shared your experience so there is a back-up plan! (-:

Patti...I am SO sorry about the taste. I can tell from the small amount I get it would be awful if it was more, lasted, and would then ruin my food. Have you tried Ambien? Probably as you've been at this for sometime! Just hope something comes along to help you.

Hugs,
    Sue