LUNESTA-Who has tried it-Would like your input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Mar 24, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I currently take ambien, but I think my body is getting immune to it. I am thinking about trying Lunesta or Ambien CR (controlled release) Who has tried either one of these and did they work for you. Why or why not did you like them.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2006]
  2. piebear

piebear New Member

I tried Lunesta at the lowest then the highest dosage for a several days but stopped cause it just didn't work enough for me. I was still waking up a lot, more actually. Its too bad cause it didn't give me a hang over like the others. And I hardly noticed the metallic taste. If I did a little orange juice made it go away. Give it a try and see if it works for you. It does for most people, just not me.
  3. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

it made my RLS go crazy, didn't make me the least bit sleepy, and the taste was so bad for 24 hours after taking the pill that trying to drink water made me gag till I cried.
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i actually liked lunesta alot,
    it helped me sleep more than ambien does.
    i had to switch though 'cause my insurance company
    wouldn't pay for it anymore.
    i didn't get any bad tastes except for i think one of the first nights.
    i've heard alot of people have trouble with the aftertastes the next day though.
    it really worked for me.
  5. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I tried it once for only a week, but stopped for a reason I honestly don't remember. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. Now, my dr. has me trying Xyrem for my alpha wave sleep intrusion, resulting from fibro. Try typing Lunesta in the search box for previous posts on it. I usually have good luck with that. Hope Lunesta works for you! Sorry I'm not more help.
  6. acesk

acesk New Member

I didn't even know there was a bad taste till I read this! I never have that and didn't even know about it.

It helps me go to sleep and stay asleep all night. If I wake up for any reason, I go right back to sleep if I don't "think" - (keep my mind quiet.

I started with 3mg and was sleepy the next day. Cut it back to 1 and 1/2 and woke up a little early. So I take 3 mg and got used to it.

I like it better than Ambien.

Sue in Florida
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I have taken both. I did not like the Lunesta it left a terrible taste in my mouth and the next day everything I drunk tasted horrible. Also, it did not work well for me. The Ambien CR was much better. But Xanax worked better for me than anything I've tried and it is not as near as expensive.
  8. waveking

waveking New Member

I started using it back in June, and it seems to allow me to sleep more quickly and longer than ambien did, so I keep using it........the bottom line is how it works for you. It's just great, no issues, no problems, no side affects.....
  9. Toga

Toga Member

Ambien, Ambien CR, and Lunesta.

Lunesta made me groggy the next day. I only took it twice. I had that horrible metallic taste all day the next day. I would have kept trying but for that taste. Maybe the grogginess would have passed.

I do know other people who think its great thought. It makes no difference now. My insurance company won't cover it.

Ambien CR was fine but ins won't cover that one either. I'm having problems with them on the Ambien also. I think its because of all the "side effects" the media is reporting.

I have never fallen asleep driving. (People who do that must not be allowing themselves the 7-8 hours of sleep needed.)

I don't hallucinate. At least I don't think I do.

And I don't find the bed full of crumbs or the greasy pans on the stove in the morning.

I do have a question. Are there any other sleep meds the insurance company may not get in such a huff about. I've always thought the others were narcotic or addictive and the newer ones were not.

What is Xyreme? Is it good.

Thanks

Toga
  10. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

After Ambien stopped working for me, my doc gave me samples of lunesta to try. Unfortunately, I got the very bitter after taste for 24 hours after the med was taken. I told hubby it tasted like I had eaten that green moth in the commercials. After trying it for several days, I decided I could not tolerate the nasty bitter taste all the time.

Now I take Trazadone. It doesn't put me to sleep quickly but it does keep me asleep all night unless I am disturbed. I am getting much more rest with this one.