Lunesta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Nov 22, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Started Lunesta last Friday and got the best night sleep since going off Elavil.

From reading the instructions I waited till going to bed and then took the tablet at 10.30 expecting it to work fairly soon. I didnt get to sleep until 12.45pm and boy did I feel groggy the next day.

I took it at 9.30 another night and still didnt feel sleepy until 110'clock.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Mary
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I take it about an hour before I go to bed, and I usually read for a half hour as well. It works well, it just takes a bit longer than other drugs.

I've been on it for almost a year and it still is working fine for me.

Take care,

Eileen.
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi mjgkennedy !
    I have taken it for about 5 years .. and it did work wonderfully for me .. I would take it about 30 minutes before I turned off the light and just relaxed quietly in bed .. if you think you are going to just drop off it didn't work that way for myself or my friend who used it .. I always told her "don't miss the train" .. at about the 30 minute mark try turning the lights etc ... off and just lay there relaxing .. it will make you drift off nicely .. and .. I never felt groggy in the morning .. I'm sure that will pass for you too !
    It really helped me .. but after so many years I have to get off for a while because the affectivenness is not there any more .. but .. I hope after a break I can go back on it !
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )