lupron and onset of fibro symptoms?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumy, Nov 12, 2002.

1. pumy

pumy New Member

Hi,
    New to boards, I was diagonosed app. 2 weeks ago. Been
    having symptoms severe all over aches believe are a result
    of lupron injections I took last winter. My last injection
    was 3-02 and my symptoms began about 2 months later. Has
    anyone else taken the lupron and felt the same?? I am currently taking elavil, ultram and received cortisone injections in my neck for migranes,sinus headaches, and tmj headaches.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2002]
  2. pumy

pumy New Member

Hi,
    New to boards, I was diagonosed app. 2 weeks ago. Been
    having symptoms severe all over aches believe are a result
    of lupron injections I took last winter. My last injection
    was 3-02 and my symptoms began about 2 months later. Has
    anyone else taken the lupron and felt the same?? I am currently taking elavil, ultram and received cortisone injections in my neck for migranes,sinus headaches, and tmj headaches.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2002]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Pumy, just stopped to welcome you to the board, I am not familiar with the drug; Lupron, but others will be here to share with you.

Just wanted to welcome you to our world.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Pumy:

Yes, I was on lupron injections for about six months about a year and a half ago. My mind is not very clear today, but that's close enough.

I don't really think it caused my fibromyalgia as I was already have the symptoms of it (just thought it was all the endometriosis until I got my diagnosis in July 2002).

Ellen
  5. karbear

karbear New Member

Hello, I am on Lupron and I have also had symptoms before ever taking this shot. I started in Dec. of last year and I will be on it for five years total. I am taking it as a breast cancer preventative along with tamoxifen(praying each day that it keeps my cancer in remission !!) I am positve that the whole Breast Cancer diagnoses chemo,and surgeries brought my FM out...The stress alone...Are you still on Lupron? I thought that at first it could be the shots but when I thought about all the symptoms I had some for years,nothing that stood out though till after the cancer and chemo stuff..then boom it all hit me ..everyday pain now and it stinks...but I am happy to be ALIVE and CANCER FREE!!! best of luck,,god bless,karin