LUPRON - Need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pawprints, Dec 8, 2008.

1. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I posted a message this morning about Lupron. Now I can't find it on the board.

Anyone been on this drug? Please give me any feedback.

Warm Regards,
  2. BeansMom

BeansMom New Member

In Feb-July 2007. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis in May 2006 when I had a laproscopy. They took out the adhesions/lesions they could and also found a fibroid. I continued to have pelvic pain, chronic cysts (which I still do about every other month), the Dr started me on Lupron.

the only side effect I REALLY hated was the hot flashes. Other than that, I didn't feel any different and my pain levels went wayyyy down and I haven't had much issues except when I'm on my period or when I get cysts. That sounds like a lot, but is much prefferable over the daily pelvic pain. I didn't have any other problems that I weight gain or headaches. I did have a dip in the sex drive and had to use lubricants due to vaginal dryness (sorry if TMI!!).

The hot flashes caused my sleep to be disturbed..I'd have to shower each morning before work - whereas, I used to just shower before bed. Keep a change of pj's by your bed (cool, breathable nightgowns - I liked the tanktop style night shirts), also invest in some body powders to feel cool/dry. Sometimes I just took 2 Tylenol PM's so I could sleep.
    Basically like strong menopause for 6 months. I didn't start getting the hot flashes til about the 2nd month, I think.
  3. pumy

pumy New Member

Don't Do IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER EVER EVER TAKE LUPRON.......... I took this horrible medication 4 yrs. ago for

endo and now I have fibro, I take more medication than ever before. My quality of life

is ruined. My days are full of pain. I take morphine 3 times a day plus percocet. Never

take this medication.

4. tandy

tandy New Member

I can only say research your butt off about the pros and cons of Lupron.
    and let your gutt instincts tell you what to do.

It has helped some of us with endo.
    others have referred to it as 'the kiss of death'

I used it for 6 months and it helped my endo pain alot.
    The downside for me was the mega hotflashes,..and an increase in headaches.
    which in turn they gave me some other drug to help with that.
    (its never ending)
    drs. just LOVE handing out scripts.!!!
    well,... scripts for anything except for pain.
    good luck~
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have not taken this med but a friend of mine has for her very painful Endometreosis. She has not shown any ill effects so far and I certainly hope she doesn't.

However I do have to say that even if Lupron does somehow trigger FM, which I am not saying it does cause I would have no idea, I think she would have taken the chance anyways because her Endometreosis was just as painful as FM can be.