Lupron

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morus40, Feb 14, 2006.

1. morus40

morus40 New Member

I am not new here, however I haven't been on that much lately....and when I am....I read and don't post. But I'm just wondering if any of you know anything about possible action being taken against the makers of Lupron.

It has ruined my life. Unfortunately I am past the statute of limitations with regards to any kind of lawsuit, but I would like to put my two cents in(that's about all I have left ; ) !!! ) as to what it did to me.

It's just a bit too coincidental that I took six months of the stuff and end up with fibro, cfs and degenerative disc. That didn't just happen!

Anyway, I'm just trying to find someone who might have some info. I'm not expecting much because my posts to other sites haven't been getting much of a response.

Thanks for listening and God bless all of you!

Morus
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Lupron is not a drug I had heard of previously. Just did a brief search. Seems it halts the production of several hormones. This can be just one of the problems linked to CFIDS/Fibro. Many of us, self included, are getting treated using natural, or bio-identical hormones. I have multiple endocrine dysfunction/failure and take:

1. Thyroid T3/T4
    2. Cortisol (Adrenal)
    3. DHEA
    4. Testosterone
    5. Pregnenalone
    6. Progesterone Cream
    7. Bi-est Estrogen (2 forms)Cream

You may get a Naturopath MD or Integrated Medicine MD to do proper hormone testing, and prescribe treatment. A mainstream doc or mainstream Endocrinologist is not LIKELY to be willing to test or prescribe hormones (especially bio-identical) if levels are not grossly out of range.

Getting your hormones back in range, might just give you a whole lot of relief.

I am currently seeing a Doctor at Fibro and Fatigue Center in Norwalk, CT, (there are several around the country) but I have been using most of these hormones for years, from previous doctors and testing.

Hope this helps some.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  3. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I have a friend who went took Lupron for fibroids and is having many symptoms of fibro two years later. Her doctor warned her that it was a drug that had side effects and was reluctant to give it to her. She had an enormous hernia along with the fibroids and she was hoping she wouldn't have to have surgery, but did end up having to go that route.

I will tell her about the lawsuit and see if she wants to add her experience.

I'm not sure I understand how degenerative disc disease is related to the Lupron? I know that causes me a lot of pain in addition to other problems.

Hope you find some treatments that help.
    Hugs,
    Val
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Are you certain that you have blown the statute of limitations? Supposedly the time begins to run from the time that everyone becames aware of the situation.

I'm holding my breath on Effexor because they don't acknowledge that it can cause CFS/FM at this time, but I never had it before I took the drug. The levels of my hormones, like yours, were completely affected, as well as my nervous system. The manufacturer is at least finally saying in the literature that people with thyroid problems should be careful about taking it.

Anyway, I asked an excellent lawyer about the statute, and he told me that it doesn't begin to run until it is acknowledged that the drug causes these problems. Maybe you already know this, but I thought I would mention it just in case....
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello Morus,
    I know I am probably the last person you want to hear from but I thought I should give my experience with this drug.

I took three rounds of it within the past couple of years and before I took I had FM and CFS.

I did read up on it before taking it and what I found were some articles saying it "could" cause FM in some people.

For myself, I already had it, however the first two weeks after my injections my FM and CFS flared BIG TIME!

Lupron was a Godsend for ME! It really helped with my Endometriosis AND it helped my body get somewhat right and get pregnant. This was not an option before taking the Lupron.

So I hear you in trying to find what is going on with you and I pray that you will find some answers. If you believe that the Lupron caused your FM than of course I am behind you!!! I just wanted to share my experience with the drug.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

kate
  6. cbrogan6

cbrogan6 New Member

I was so shocked to see this topic, b/c it's been on my mind for a while now. I was diagnosed with endo last summer. I started Lupon injections in August on the advice of my obgyn. She put me on add back therapy to help with bone density loss and the hot flashes & stuff. I didn't really research it before I agreed to go on it, it was all new to me and I trusted my dr.

Now I'm wondering if the fibro I was diagnosed with in October is actually a result of the Lupron. I used to to have achy joints before I went on it, but it has intensified so much. It feels like deep bone pain, and not just in my joints anymore. And the fatigue kicks my rear sometimes.

I had found a rheumatologist that I liked, and he mentioned that he had another patient that had been on Lupron recently who had symptoms that were almost identical to mine. Unfortunately, I got a letter a couple weeks later saying he had left the practice. I mentioned it to the next one I saw, as well as my obgyn, but neither one of them seem to be very interested in the idea so far.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I thought I'd add my experience. The Lupron definitely helped with the endo, but the jury is still out on whether it was worth what I deal with daily now. I have read a lot of negative experinces people have had with it, so it kinda makes you wonder.....
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  7. pumy

pumy New Member

Dear Morus,

I took lupron inj. 3 yrs. ago. I am now on many diffent
    meds. I have fibr. It ruined my life. If you ever get any
    useful info search me out Pumy. Check out my past posts.