Lupus blood tests questions, Please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, May 15, 2006.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Doctor ran Lupus activity blood work. They all came back in normal range. Does this mean even though she feels I have Lupus that maybe I don't, or does it just mean that the Plaquenil is doing its job?? She didn't run a new ANA as it is always positive. 1:640. Should I have had her run it again just to see where it is. The nurse said they don't recheck it that often after it has stayed positive and won't go back down.Is there just no need after diagnoses??

I asked on the Lupus board but its not as active as this board.

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]
  2. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Kalley,

I believe there is a lot of false positives as in Ra for lupus. Some doctors go with your symptoms. I have Ra and MS at first all my MS testing's came back negative or inclusive. It took a few years till it turn out in my blood work, and also with my RA the RA factor came back negative but my sed rate was off the wall and I had a positive ANA. I wish i knew the answer.
    Best Wishes,
    Michelle
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I was researching my question and discovered the answer I do believe. I found where it said once Lupus is dx'd there is no need to Run ANA over and over just the tests that measure activity level. And those can show negative, but doesn't mean I don't have it. Just that it isn't active at this time. Which I am glad I hope it stays that way. I need to just relax. And accept the fact that I have been dx'd with these illnesses and live life. I have FMS/CFS and the beginning stages of Lupus. I will be ok.

4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Those are the ones that they ran, they are were in the normal range at this time. Which is good from what I understand.
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have alot of fatigue,redness and rashes on cheeks and bridge of nose. I am Sun sensative and some hair loss. I get rashes on my arms and legs at times. Also have flu like symptoms out of no where and I don't have the flu. It has all been confusing for me. But I feel this dr listens more.