lupus fibromyalgia or what?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lexilee, Aug 19, 2005.

1. lexilee

lexilee New Member

hi...
    i have had severe bcak neck and hip pain for 10 years..also exaustion chronic sinus infection, phuneumonia ect..just had antinuclear antibodies test..came back abnormal...i'm going to a rheumatologist...finally but you know..doctors always say to me might be fibromyalgia...but we;re not sure it really exists and there is not much we can do about it...i guess i wish this test would definately prove lupus because no one has ever helped me....
    so depressed always sick..had to quit great job but all i remember is being in pain. help????

thanks in advance
    lexi
  2. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

I really feel for you. I hope the rheumatologist is able to finally diagnose you. There is a test for fibromyalgia and criteria for it, and I promise it does exist because I have had it for five years! I have also had the experience of going from doctor to doctor and having no one know what was wrong with me and just saying it must be all in my head when test after test came out negative. Thank god there are some doctors who are really knowledgeable about fibro now. I know there are some ignorant ones still out there who think it doesn't exist. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon and can get a diagnosis soon also. I know it is soooo frustrating knowing that there is something seriously wrong with you but doctors can't figure it out. I'll pray for you.

Jessica