LUPUS RASH ???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovabuga, Aug 13, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

HELLO EVERYONE,

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT HOW TO TREAT A LUPUS RASH? DIAGNOSED TODAY. I LOOK LIKE I HAVE A SPOTTED DISEASE AND A BRIGHT RED BUTTERFLY SHAPE ON MY FACE IS NOT WHAT I HAD ANTICIPAITED.

LOVABUGA
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Sorry for your DX.Have You looked on the Lupus Board that ProHealth inc. Provides?I've never been there,as i am not DX w/lupus,I'm sure there is Help like this there ,maybe. Just a thought,hope it helps.
    Peace & Good Luck ,eZ
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

THANKS I JUST WENT THERE BUT NOBODY HAS ANSWERED.I JUST THOUGHT MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE HAD BOTH FMS AND LUPUS.I GUESS I'LL JUST ADD IT TO MY LIST OF PROBLEMS.

LOVABUGA
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

My sister has lupus, not sure either what to do with the rash. I wish I could help you more. Hope someone comes along and offers something for you!!

5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Helloooo,
    I hope you are getting responses ALL over NOW!!!
    Good Luck & Peace o You,eZ
  6. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

THANKS FOR THE BUMP. I WAS VERY INTERESTED IN THE READING.I'M LEARNING ALOT.AT LEAST I'LL BE ARMED WITH INFO WHEN I SEE THE DOCTOR.THANKS AGAIN TALK TO YOU SOON.

LOVABUGA
  7. janet38

janet38 New Member

i was diagnosed with low positive lupus,and it has affected my organs now .i need to ask you.does that rash look like a red sun burn like you had been to the beach.i keep it aal the time i am pale around my eyes,and very red everywhere else.please write me back...janet
  8. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I had a red rash on my cheeks mostly. Dermatologist said it was Rosacia and gave me cortisone cream to put on it. I have CFIDS not Lupus but I was concerned that I had Lupus at first because of the rash. ANA, sed rate etc. came back normal. The Lupus rash is butterfly shape...along the nose and spreads out on the cheeks like wings. I would try the hydrocortisone cream to see if that helps. Love, Hippen
  9. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I answered both of your posts on the lupus board. Please let us know how you make out. Tulip
  10. jka

jka New Member

hey loveabg-
    i've had lupus for 16 yrs.does it only effect your skin?if so,the main thing to do is stay out of the sun.i know this sounds impossiable to do-but the rash will only get worse.i have the type that effects the internal organs.the sun is something i have to totally avoid.i wear big hats(i've bought a few nice once and get lots of compliments on them)long sleeved shirts,long pants and sun screen -sun screen -sun screen!if i'm outside for 15 minutes unprotected i feel as though someone is pouring acic on me.if you have the skin type-thank goodness.being in the sun too long could put me in the hospital with serious consequences.take good care of yourself and please protect yourself from the sun!

kathy

ps-i also have fibo-7 yrs[This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
    you might try cordisone cream [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
  11. kmj47

kmj47 New Member

Hi Lovabuga,

Concerning the lupus rash (aka wolfs rash) (Butterfly rash).My Daughter was dx with this years ago. She had the classic butterfly rash. We condidered ourselfs lucky in that most people spend lots of time and money trying to get a dx on. I happened to be in the right spot at the right time with her.At any rate the only symptom to date that she suffers with is the butterffly rash, Which she treats with a cortesome cream. Her breakouts stem from stress. Who knew huh?

Wish i could be more help.

kmj