lupus with fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbydo, Mar 25, 2011.

1. debbydo

debbydo New Member

just received some lab results through the mail today. it said i had positive DNA lupus antibody but kidney function is normal. dr too busy to answer any questions till next visit. anyone one else have this along with their fibro?
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Yes, I have both plus CFS. The one organ that always showed "off" was my liver & stomach, but I just don't go to the Dr.s anymore as my symptoms come & go, and can't take any meds anyway.

Plus, when first dx w/Lupus, one Dr. said "yes" I have it; the other said "no", so just don't trust Dr.'s or our medical community anymore.

Sorry, but can't give you an educated answer; just my experience.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My son's-in-law mother has both. She is my age and has been diagnosed for probably 20 years now. She is doing pretty well, much better than her docs ever thought she would.

FMS seems to travel with Lupus, MS, CFIDS/ME, RA and other immune/auto-immune illnesses.

I have FMS, CFIDS/ME and it appears as though Sjogren's Syndrome is settling in as well.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  4. debbydo

debbydo New Member

thank you for answering my question. this journey is long. sometimes i get tired of hearing there are so many people in worst health. i already know that. the health system is driving me crazy-my family just wants to ignore the situation-my husband just wants me to be the person i used to be, and i'm getting more depressed as days go by. this is the first time i have gone on a computor support group. lately i'm feeling more and more alone.