Lurking on the Alzheimer's board...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinlee, Feb 4, 2008.

1. jinlee

jinlee Member

I admit I have been lurking on the alzheimer's board. When does fibrofog become more than fog?

Anybody else ever wonder if alzheimer's is next? My grandma, and two uncles had alzheimer's. So you can see my concern at least genetically.

The docs just laugh at me but I don't think I should be forgetting the day it is, how to open the front door with a key, if I got the mail, (have done much more but not going to claim them!)

Well, yes sometimes the milk goes into the cupboard, but my son did that. He was half asleep and put it in the cupboard, I saw him so I was in the clear.

When did life become so complicated and scary? I must make my way to the "porch" where life is not so complicated......

[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I've had brain fog since 1980 due to chronic fatigue syndrome. Am now in the early stage of Alzheimer's. Forgot my address a couple weeks ago.

I've discovered it's not only short-term memory that is affected; long term goes too. I now can't recall things I had known for decades.

Can't tell the difference between what I've done and what I just thought about doing. Leave words out of e mails, etc.

Have to look at the bright side. You know what they say about lemons and lemonade. I prefer, "When life hands you tomatoes, make a bloody mary."

3. caffey

caffey New Member

My mom died of Alzheimers at 65. My dad is failing fast with it and he is 78. I am 54. I just can't go there. Some days my memory is awful. My docs say it is fm, drugs and what ever. I do things to keep my mind active puzzles etc. I do stupid things some days also but I try and correct and keep on moving. What will be will be.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Before Molly and I were real sick and got our lyme or FM/CFS diagnosis we would have what we call "stupid days." There were days when nothing made sense, we couldn't talk well, think or concentrate. Molly would call me and say she was having a stupid day and I would know exactly what she meant!!
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Stupid days!!! I will remember that when all goes wrong. My biggest problem is spilling things. I hit the top of a glass that is full with water. I miss the glass with milk, and I drop things and have no grip-

My best way to remember what day iot is is to look down at the newspaper. There is the date! Yes, Is forgwet why Io went into the pantry, all that sort of thing.

But we have coffee each morning with thue same friends for 30 yrs. One of my best friends there does have Ahlzeimers. Today, I was just sick. One of our special friends just had pancreatis and gall bladder surgery. I said that hubby8 had talked to him yesterday8 and she asked what his problem was. It just broke my heart. Things like.........
    "Did i tell you my sister fell?" (more than a month ago)....things like that are the things that Ahlzeimers folks say, not what day is it.

I feel like figuuring out things on this 'puter exercises my mind! Looking up things, hunting for places on a map here, so many things to find annd look for.

We all hate memory loss but -----it is here when you take many meds too.

Don't worry too much about it!