Luxuria's doctor update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Luxuria, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Just want to give a quick update. I went to see my doctor last week for my 3 week follow up. I just started seeing some VERY small effects of the Amitriptyline so she wants me to keep on my 20mg for 3 more weeks and see what happens. She thinks that so far I am doing well and is hopeful that the medication will help.

Not a huge appointment or big update, but even baby steps make me happy.

Will keep you all posted.

Bekah
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Bekha... I must have missed your other posts. What are you being treated for?

Hugs
    Kim
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Bekah

Nice to meet you. I take amitriptyline to help me sleep at night. Since I am sleeping better I am not having as many migraines as before.

I started at 10 mg and worked up to 20. For a while when my migraines were bad I took 30 mgs (doctor has prescribed up to 50mg) but am now trying to back off to 20 again since the migraines have stopped.

Let us know how it goes for you.

hugs Redwillow
  4. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

kimba4318, Hi! Nice to meet you :) I haven't been on the board for awhile so that is why you probably missed my post.

I am being treated for Fibro and TMJ. It all started year ago following a root canal I had in June 2005. The dentist was both very rude and rough with me. Arthritis and Fibro is also very widespread in my family.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I will keep you all posted as to how I am doing. So far same old, same old, but I'm ok! :)

Bekah
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm happy that you are taking some sure but cautious steps
    toward addressing you illness. I myself was on Amitripty-
    line to aid with sleep. However, it worked so well I was
    seldom awake for about three weeks. Had to switch to Lex-
    apro 10mg and is b etter for me. Have you tried (with
    your Docs approval) Melatonin as a natural aid? I do
    both.

Left a message tacked up for you also on a pillar of the
    "PORCH".

Stay warm up in Canadia, "K"?
    Joe aka MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  6. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Thanks for your reply :) I am doing really well on the Amitriptylene. It helps me sleep at night but doesn't leave me tired or groggy during the day. No side effects at all, not even dry mouth which is supposed to be the most common :)

I am supposed to go see my dr. again around Nov. 17th so I will be sure to post again with new info.

Replied to your message on the Porch as well.

Canada is getting cold, we had snow last night. *shivers* I am not a fan of snow.

Thanks for checking in with me!

Bekah
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2006]