LYME again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Oct 20, 2005.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to post that a lady in my local support group turned up with chronic lyme, is already feeling better after 2 months on abx;

another one was dx'd with it about 12 years ago and did 4 weeks of abx then for it, but is going to get re-tested as she is strongly feeling this could be the answer for her too...

Seems like not a week goes by that I don't read about someone with CFIDS/ME/FM showing up with chronic and/or active Lyme.

You'd think the media would be more concerned with this apparent pandemic than the flu that may or may not show up sooner or later...

all the best,
    Victoria
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

What abx has the lady been on for 2 mos.? I've been taking Tetracycline (for lyme) since May, with no improvement, so I was wondering. Thanks.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I think she is having to take it slower than my son due to age and allergies and other complications, think she took minocycline the first month, then added another abx the second month but don't know what... and flagyl the 3rd week of every month.

My 18 yo son has chronic lyme also, he has been taking various combinations of amoxicillin, biaxin, ketex, minocycline. Each month he takes 2 abx for 3 weeks, and adds in flagyl the third week. He is beginning to feel better too, started treatment last May.

The different abx work differently, some intracellularly, some extracellularly. Flagyl is used one week a month as it acts on the cyst-form. Bb is very good at hiding out.

I've been doing the marshall protocol, it's working for me, but having to take it rather slow because of 'life' getting in the way... didn't get blood tests for me due to $$ tho...

Hope this helps,
    Victoria
  4. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

for Lyme are not one-size-fits-all. It is tailor 'made' by 'your Lyme literate physician'. Some abx work for some people and not for others. It is trial and error. If Tetracycline isn't working, perhaps you should switch to another, or another combination of abx.

As far as the media. Have you contacted the media? If we don't write to them, constantly, they aren't going to print anything. One has to constantly 'plug away' at it, and some stuff does get in. But, a lot more exposure is needed.........so get writing folks!

DLL
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

There are over 100 strains of Bb known in US, over 300 known worldwide...

That is why different abx are going to work differently or at all, depends on what strain...

and maybe what co-infections are present but haven't been found. My son was tested for 5 most common co-infections (all neg) but they told me there were numerous others.

That is why for my son the first 3 months of treatment was really just to see how he responded to different 'families' of abx...

So if one abx isn't doing anything, a good LLMD would try others.

Hope this helps!
    Victoria