Lyme Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Feb 1, 2007.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi all,

Recently I was diagnosed with Lyme. I have a general question for those of you with a lot of knowledge on this issue.

We went through Quest Diagnostics to start, I did not want to pay for Igenex until we saw the results from quest. There were as follows:

BAND 41 BOTH IGG AND IGM POSITIVE
    BAND 39 IGG POSITIVE
    BAND 58 IGG POSITIVE

These were the only reactive bands, does not meet the CDC criteria. My doctor is an LLMD and based on symptoms and this result has diagnosed LYME. I also fit into the case definition of CFS. So that is why I am asking for your help and opinion on based on these labs, are there enough reactive bands, and does an IGM and IGG band of the 41 strand a pretty good diagnostic marker?

Your help and feedback is greatly appreciated.
  2. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Thanks very much for the suggestions, very good advice. I am not to anxious with the antibiotic therapy, have a lot of gut problems, fungal and I believe parasitic. Before we begin with the antibiotics, I am going to have the doctor use a speciality lab I found in Arizona for Parasites. My intuition is telling me that is playing a big part. But Lyme can also have a co-infection, I forget what it is called, but it is a parasite of the red blood cells.
  3. serenety

serenety New Member

for a while i have known that it is caused by being bitten by Ticks... Sadly i have no info on the subject.

Serenety.