Lyme disease doctor

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by becky713, Dec 20, 2008.

1. becky713

becky713 New Member

Ok, I hope someome will be good enough to answer this post. I am looking for a LLMD in the USA. I would appreciate finding one in the midwest.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to find one?

becky713
  2. smhaws

smhaws New Member

You can request a referral at: http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/

Also, the Lymenet.org site has a board that's more active than this one. There's a board specifically for "Seeking a Doctor." If you post a question there, you'll probably get a list of names very quickly. http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?category=1

Hope this helps!
  3. becky713

becky713 New Member

Thank you but I have tried both of those with no luck.

becky713
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I don't know their names, but I do know there are doctors in Michigan and also Springfield Missouri in particular that specialize in Lyme. If I were you I'd bump my post back up on Lyme net until you get an answer, or do a search there...

all the best,
    Victoria

5. becky713

becky713 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I went to the one in Springfield, Mo but I just can't afford his office visits.

becky713
  6. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

is that it is hard to get folks to say the name of the Lyme doctor.

It isn't that people don't want you to get diagnosed or treated, but many "conventional doctors" don't believe in it. The doctors who do believe in Lyme and try to treat it are being persecuted and treated like they do witchcraft.

The LLMD doctors are few and far between. I think I am going to have to drive about 14 hours to see a good one.

On my other Lyme board, you are not allowed to mention the doctors name at all. You can only say Dr. M. You can't even say the city and state together because of the trouble the LLMDs get into.

I had to find my nearest support group and talk to them...still I have to drive 14 hours to see someone I trust.
  7. becky713

becky713 New Member

Shalome1990 that is a long drive. Can you find someone who is going to him also and share the cost? As expensive as this disease is we all need to work together.

Becky713
  8. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

Becky,

Yes, it is very costly. I am trying to connect with people closer to me, and I am joining support groups. The only person I know in town has the Nuero Lyme so bad that she can't go long distances.

And, we might have to make it like a family vacation or something because I really think my husband and daughter have it too. I am waiting to go again until I get there results back.

If they are positive, we may have to sell our house and sell a car because treatment is so expensive. try some of the other boards to find doctors.

Good luck!!