Lyme Disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DebraP, Oct 21, 2002.

1. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Hi All. Got a call from my Rheumatologist today with the news that I tested postive for Lyme Disease. Has anyone else had this happen? Just curious if the antibiotic therapy has helped at all? He says I still have diagnosis of fibro, but I'm wondering if Lyme is causing all the problems or if it's secondary to fibro? Any feedback is appreciated! Debra
  2. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Hi All. Got a call from my Rheumatologist today with the news that I tested postive for Lyme Disease. Has anyone else had this happen? Just curious if the antibiotic therapy has helped at all? He says I still have diagnosis of fibro, but I'm wondering if Lyme is causing all the problems or if it's secondary to fibro? Any feedback is appreciated! Debra
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

You got some great advice!I felt better for the first few weeks on Doxy then it just seemed to stop working.So they switched me to another antibotic at a higher dose and now it is gone.But it can reactivate itself without another bite I read.So I think velvet is right it must just lay around a wait for the next opportunity to attack.If you do not respond well you might want to see a immunologist and keep a eye on your immune system.Mine went to long and is overactive and takes longer to straighten out then a underactive immune system.So I seem to catch everything that floats by me but now they are starting to get it working by these supplements that have worked great for me.They formulated them to support the immune system when it is under stress.Today my temp. was 98.3 and for months it would not raise over 94.5,so I am very pleased and hope for a fever so my body can fight some of these things off.Lots of luck,tracey
  4. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Thanks for the replies. I am actually hopeful for the first time in 4 or 5 years that there will be something to help me! And, if it helps me, maybe it will help others on this board! Fingers crossed and feverent prayers abound! :D
    Debra