Lyme Doc in NE Ohio?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by vp, Jul 4, 2006.

1. vp

vp New Member

I've been going to FFC in Cleveland, and just got a notice she is no longer going to be treating patients, and want me to go to Pittsburgh until they find a replacement. I feel I am responding well to treatment. I have been in bed the majority of 2 years now, and afret 3 months of Doxy and some other things I feel much better, but not yet 100%.

Any ideas on other doctors in NE Ohio? Maybe one that takes OHIO Medicaid?( I know that's not likely LOL)
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

you can go to ilads.org for doctor referrals, also lymeflashnet (there is a link at ilads) - that latter site has instant messaging so you can correspond privately about names of good doctors.

Hope that helps, I'm so glad to hear you're doing better after only 3 months of abx!

--did you come up positive on the Western Blot or just try the abx?

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Seems I hear more and more about FFC Dr's leaving every month. Just a couple of days ago someone posted that Dr. Sharp was leaving the Ft. Worth FFC. Not to mention several others over the last few months.

Something must be going on.

jar
  4. vp

vp New Member

I just had an appointment a few weeks ago and scheduled a follow up, then got the letter. I don't know what is going on, I'm grateful for what they have done for me, but I have heard about other doctors leaving, it sounds kind of strange to me too. I'm not sure what to think.

I had a western blot done 2 years ago and it came up negative, so my doctor didn't consider it. When I went to FFC they tested me again through IGENEX and it came up positive.
    I hope to be back to %100 by the end of the year, so far I've been back to dancing, hiking, riding my bike, yard work, started selling on ebay, basically trying to live life again. I couldn't do any of those things 6 months ago. I've lost 10 pounds already, and have to lose 45 more to get back to where I was.

There is hope!!!!!!!!!

5. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

I have been with Dr. J at the FFC in Cleveland for over 1.5 years. I am seeing improvements. I made an appointment with her at her new office for July 19th. I'm going to continue on as her patient. She has worked with me to get me to the improvements I am seeing with my health. She always has been easily accessible when I've had a question or concern.

There are two Lyme doctors in Hermitage, PA which is near the Ohio-PA border. One is a Dr. Joseph Joseph. The other is a Dr. Swami (not sure of the spelling).

Good luck,
    SusEQ
  6. vp

vp New Member

I didn't knnow she had a new office already. Did she give you the option, or did you find her new location on your own. I just got a letter saying to go to Pittsburgh or Detroit, or wait for a new doc. 'd rather stick with dr J too, but didn't think it was possible.
  7. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

Hi,

Dr. J is starting a new practice off Rockside Road (near I-77 and I-480) in Seven Hills, OH. She is going to start in her new office on July 17th.

I have contact info for her. How do I get it to you without breaking any rules on this message board?

If there is some way we can exchange emails, I'd be glad to do that.
  8. vp

vp New Member

I don't know how to contact each other.
    It is against the rules I think.

That is the main reason I haven't been on here as much lately. It's because I find it easier to communicate and share information on my space. I understand the reasons for the security on this site, but I need information that is not allowed to be shared on here. I will still stop by here once in a while.

I will check on the doctors that have been suggested. I really need to schedule a follow up appointment soon. The last time I saw Dr J. she gave me a Rx to get some blood tests done in a week or 2. I need to get them done, but I don't know who to have the lab send the results to now.

Thanks everyone!!!!
    Valerie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2006]
  9. vp

vp New Member

I have an appointment with Dr J on Monday. Her new office called me today (Saturday) and was asking how I was feeling and if I wanted to follow up with Dr J. YEAH!!!!
    The FFC couldn't see me until Sept. and even then it was tenitive.

This past week I feel like I'm slipping backwards. I get confused easily, anxiety, depression, headaches, all over achiness, fatigue (which could be because of the heat too), and insomnia. The only thing that hasn't returned yet are the tremmors.
    I was starting to see an improvement overall. I still had alot of bad days, but on the good days I actually felt almost normal again.

I'm afraid if I take too long of a break I'll lose all of the progress I made and it will be like starting over again. I took breaks during the past 3 months for a few days at a time when I needed to, but stopping for weeks seems to be a bad idea for me.

Anyone been to Dr J's new office?

10. diannev

diannev New Member

Hi vp,

I don't know if you found a new doctor in NE Ohio but, in my opinion, I think I'd prefer to look for one in Erie rather than Pittsburgh. I happen to live in northwestern PA, very close to the NY state border and closer to Buffalo than Pittsburgh or even Erie. In my case, I'm on SSD so I have Medicare but PA Medicaid is my secondary insurance and I'm able to use my PA Medicaid at some of the doctors I go to in nearby Olean, NY. You just might be able to find doctors in PA or NY who will accept OH Medicaid.

Since I live in northwestern PA, I could probably go to one of the Lyme docs near the OH/PA border if necessary. As of right now, I've very recently gotten some negative test results from IGeneX but someone on another board told me that even IGeneX can have "false negative" results.

I have a diagnosis of fibro but have suspected either Lyme's or Lupus so I'm constantly looking for more answers. The symptoms started a little over 3 yrs. ago after what doctors think might have been a bite from a brown recluse spider. I wasn't quite sure I believed that then and it could just as easily have been a tick instead of a spider.

I'm also not sure if my current doctor's office has received all the test results yet since there were two panels, including several tests each, that were ordered and sent to IGeneX. Do you think it's possible that IGeneX could have incorrect results?

I'm starting to think this will be a never-ending search for answers and the stress of not knowing what's really wrong with us is probably making us all a little sicker than we'd be if we had definite answers and definite treatments. Good luck everyone.

Dianne
  11. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I go to PA for treatment. However, I believe there was a posted paper that said "we know longer take Ohio Medicaid". There is another doc who treats lyme in Western Pa. I don't know if he takes medicaid or not.