Lyme Does it affect your joints?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kriket, Jan 10, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Was just wondering if Lyme affects your joints in any way?

Kriket
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I have been doing research on Lyme online and I now have a better understanding of the disease. It all describes me, I am kind of afraid. I can't afford the test right now, so I guess when I have some extra money, I will be able to order the test. I did see where it does/can cause joint problems.

kriket
  3. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Yes Kriket many have joint pain. My son's joint pain is gone with lyme treatment.

Check out lymenetdotcom
  4. lagf

lagf New Member

There is a part of lyme attacking joints that is referred to as lyme arthritus. My daughter had both knees operated on because of this but at the time we could not identify lyme. Just that her knees would go on her. The treatment is the general one for lyme. I do not know of a specific cure just to lyme. I would reccommend water exercise.
    Best to you
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Reason I was asking is that I am starting to have tremendous pain in my joints. My knees especially. They will go completely out of socket and move to the side of my leg. GROSE!!!! It hurts soooooooo bad when it happens. It feels like my joints are coming out of socket or something. They are always popping in and out and hurt something fierce!!!

Kriket